Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Got My Old Boat Back! Needs Paint/Carpet. Need Advice

View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
max power

Default Got My Old Boat Back! Needs Paint/Carpet. Need Advice

I recently purchased back my 1st boat. I sold it to a friend 3 years ago and he was having trouble with the motor and lost intrest in it so he sold it back to me cheap. I picked up a 10hp Honda 4 stroke from the 80's for it that runs great and now I'm ready to paint the boat. It's a 77 fiberglass Lund that some one brushed on some ugly olive color with an unknown type of paint. The bottom coat is in good shape and the olive paint is solid so I'm thinking I can scuff up the top coat with a sander and then put on a primer and then pait? I'm not sure what kind of paint to use so I need some advice on that. I don't have a sprayer so I will be roll painting it, sides and part of bottom. I'm not looking for a A+ job, just something better than whats on it.
I want to redo the carpet also, any advice with this would help me out but I think if I pull the old carpet and glue on some new marine carpet will do?

max power is offline   Reply With Quote

» Forum Search
» Insurance