Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Canoe Registration??

9K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  tl1000r 
#1 ·
Ok, went down to 11 mile yesterday with the canoe, have had this thing for at least 5 years and mostly fish Jefferson with it, but I went into the park office to buy an annual parks pass, and the lady selling me the pass told me I needed to write my name and full address on the canoe so it's visible above water level. The wife about flipped out, and I just said I'd do it later, but the lady said it's in the "rule" book that it needs to be on there. I mean for Christs sake, its just a canoe, and I don't want my personal information visible to everyone... The lady was also one of the most un-freindly park workers I have ever met.

Has anyone ever heard of the rule about the address on a canoe before??

BTW, no fish either...

#2 ·
I don't think the name has to be visible by others. I think its more for when they find your boat without you in it. I wrote my name on duck tape and put on the inside of the kayak. You are also supposed to have a whistle on your pfd that you are supposed to wear.

#4 ·
I have a different opinion of having my name and address in my canoe. On another fishing forum, sometime not too long ago, someone reported finding one floating free and wondered if it belonged to someone on the site. When a canoe or boat is found adrift, the authorities can trace the ownership and determined if a search for that party should be made. I made an engraved tag for mine and included my cell phone number. By the way my name and address is not secret, I can prove it by all the junk mail I get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.