Easy Leach - Colorado Fishing Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2009, 08:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Easy Leach

Well folks, I had to post this pattern that Brett and I tie. This pattern has proven amazing in still water and moving. This is one of my favorites.

Start with a 1x long size 14 hook. This pattern is pretty small even though it is kinda like a streamer. This hook happens to be 2x strong. I wrap some .15 lead about 7-8 turns.

Tie in a very small amoint of olive marabou about 10-12 strands that are about 3/4" long. Only about 1/2" will extend behind the bend of the hook.

Tie in 4-6 strands of copper/green krystal Flash

This material is SUPER important. UV Light olive ice dub. I love this stuff because of it's subtle color and natural flash. Tie in like you normally use dubbing, tapering it forward.

This step is something I have done for a while on different patterns that really looks buggy. Take a small amount of the same ice dub and tie it in loose (not spun onto thread).

After you tie it in loose, then wrap the dubbing (without using the thread) around the front of the hook one time, then wrap the thread around the hook (just behind the bead) and repeat both steps another one or two times until you get this look

Then tie in a partridge feather.

And wrap it once and tie in. Then I sweep the partridge feathers back and wrap the front to keep the partridge down.

Many of you know better ways to do partridge, but this works for me. This fly is very affective trailed behind a big wooley bugger in still water or as a lead fly with a small emerger behind it. Everyone kinda knows where I have been fishing lately, and "up high" this thing kills.
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in