Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Channel catfish size comparison

View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 06:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
The_Mad_Catter

Default Channel catfish size comparison

Here is my beef. Out east it is common to hear of channels in the 30-50lb range, but in colorado if you reach the coveted 30lb mark you are really into a monster.* Why is this? Is it something to do with water temp/Overall size of the body of water? The reason I ask is because the #2 Blue catfish in the world caught a couple years back in lake texoma is alive (the last that I heard) in an aquarium and the fish is still growing and gaining weight, and an aquarium is no huge body of water.* If a world record class catfish can be taken from a huge lake and continue to grow in an aquarium, why isnt it possible that colorado lakes cant produce a world record class Channel catfish? I know colorado lakes are nowhere close to the size of the lakes and rivers out east but still if the fish can eat all the food they want and live out thier full life span, why cant colorado cats be contenders*

» Forum Search
» Insurance