Colorado Fishing Forum

Colorado Fishing Forum (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php)
-   Find a Partner (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Morning ice fishing (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130673)

Theonethatgotaway 12-29-2015 06:58 PM

Morning ice fishing

I've never been ice fishing before and would like to go with someone who can show me how it's done. I live next to cherry creek reservoir and would like to fish there, Chatfield reservoir, or in that area.
Jonathan

Zman 12-29-2015 07:39 PM

You got gear rods and lures?...if we have a meeting of the breakfast club u can show up if u want...

Theonethatgotaway 12-29-2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zman (Post 1688241)
You got gear rods and lures?...if we have a meeting of the breakfast club u can show up if u want...

I have some stuff but not sure what's good or not. I would be happy to meet up for some breakfast sometime.

aofisher 12-29-2015 08:38 PM

Z is a good guy, Jonathan. Knows his fishing too.

TthePikester 12-29-2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aofisher (Post 1688289)
Z is a good guy, Jonathan. Knows his fishing too.

True dat!!! He especially loves to talk Broncos while out on the ice!!! :rolleyes:
Hey Jonathan, I've got a bunch of extra ball head jigs you can have that are size appropriate for ice fishing I'll get to you. I was going to give them to ya when you were at the house but I had a seenager moment I guess and spaced them!

aofisher 12-29-2015 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tthepikester (Post 1688297)
True dat!!! He especially loves to talk Broncos while out on the ice!!! :rolleyes:
Hey Jonathan, I've got a bunch of extra ball head jigs you can have that are size appropriate for ice fishing I'll get to you. I was going to give them to ya when you were at the house but I had a seenager moment I guess and spaced them!

Come T, you ain't that old... I was gonna give you crap in your seenager thread... That was cute. And not the Lorax this time. :biggrin1: A bunch of you guys in your late 40s and fifties have been talking like you are in your 90s... :D

Theonethatgotaway 12-30-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tthepikester (Post 1688297)

Actually I bought a tackle box from fishdix that is full of ball jigs. We use them for trout fishing in the winter in FL. However I don't know how to use them for ice fishing. Maybe you can meet up with us on Sunday. We can fish, drink coffee, and tell lies. Lol

slayerfish 12-30-2015 12:22 PM

MMM- Ball jigs. I don't know, AO!

r1f1eman 12-30-2015 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aofisher (Post 1688321)
Come T, you ain't that old... I was gonna give you crap in your seenager thread... That was cute. And not the Lorax this time. :biggrin1: A bunch of you guys in your late 40s and fifties have been talking like you are in your 90s... :D

T in the same boat as Hiep ? Calling himself "Old" came out huffing and puffing, think thats more of out of shape then being old. At least I can claim both.:madgrin:

aofisher 12-30-2015 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slayerfish (Post 1688809)
MMM- Ball jigs. I don't know, AO!

"Metal" ball jig. "Safer" than "cracks." ;)