May Fishing Trip to Flat Tops Wilderness Area - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2016, 10:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default May Fishing Trip to Flat Tops Wilderness Area

Planning on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday, come back late Memorial day trip to Yampa/Flat Tops area in May. If interested, let me know. Can take 3 people with me. I am in the Colorado Springs area, but can either go to the area via Highway 24 or I-70, so could pick up interested parties at all points in between.
muninoel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2016, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Can you guarantee a 19"+ brookie? And, most importantly, no politics? Been thinking about hitting that area. Put me down as a very, very tentative option...
Old 02-09-2016, 03:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aofisher View Post
Can you guarantee a 19"+ brookie? And, most importantly, no politics? Been thinking about hitting that area. Put me down as a very, very tentative option...
No politics, but can talk sports/hunting/food if you want. Can guarantee 24"+ rainbows . Saw a lot of brookies near some beaver dams along Dome Creek, but biggest was probably only around 10 - 12 ". Let me know how things are looking as May gets closer. If we can get a couple of others willing to drive and bring tents, we could make a mass cf outing of it!

I can get the wife to make some kalbi (Korean short ribs) and bulgogi (beef stir fry) and grill them up. That shit is bomb!

Would love to prove that I'm not a masshole because I cheer on the Patriots From Maine, so that makes me a fairly reasonable Pats' fan. Damn, how I miss fishing in Maine, but don't miss the skeeters or black flies.

Anyway, PM me as date gets closer. You would make 3 of us going so far. My hunting partner would go as well, and I'm sure I can talk him into driving and hauling someone along as well that wants to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2016, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
bulgogi
That's some good stuff right there. Used to be a place here in the Springs that I would go to twice a week just to have some.
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2016, 06:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

Could be a gamble at that time of year, to be realistic. I fished the 4th of July and a lot of lakes had just iced off, the week prior.

a 19" brookie, sheesh your a snob AO
Biggie Smalls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2016, 08:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie smalls View Post
Could be a gamble at that time of year, to be realistic. I fished the 4th of July and a lot of lakes had just iced off, the week prior.

I figure I'll call CPW in Yampa and get an update a couple of weeks prior. If not, no biggie, Biggie. I'll just push it to late June.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:53 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muninoel View Post

I can get the wife to make some kalbi (Korean short ribs) and bulgogi (beef stir fry) and grill them up. That shit is bomb!
I have 3 requirements for my fishing buddies. One of them is: you gotta know how to enjoy a good meal. Seems like you meet that requirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie smalls View Post
I've seen one at Antero and this is farther, so I figured...
Old 02-10-2016, 10:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

Been to that lake many many times. Usually ices off week b4 Memorial Day. BUT, the snow going in does not allow for the use of wheeled vehicles. We hike the 7 miles in usually. And in late June the skeeters will make you wish you were back in Maine!
slayerfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2016, 01:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerfish View Post
Been to that lake many many times. Usually ices off week b4 Memorial Day. BUT, the snow going in does not allow for the use of wheeled vehicles. We hike the 7 miles in usually. And in late June the skeeters will make you wish you were back in Maine!
Thanks for the inspirational/motivational words, Slayer! Walking in is fine. Thanks for the intel! Noel
Old 02-10-2016, 01:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Also, never wish I was back in Maine, except for the whitetail deer and fishing. Colorado is a great place to be, even with the occasional skeeter!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in