I'd love to meet a guide! - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2017, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I'd love to meet a guide!

Hello
?
Could you use an extra pair of hands while guiding?*

I've been hiking on the colorado trail for about 3 weeks now. It's been absolutely amazing, but by now i feel like another adventure. I've only had the chance to do* fly fishing a few times in between the hikes underway and i feel like Im missing out on something. For years I've had a dream about getting the chance to see what its like to be working as a fly fishing guide. Fly fishing is a big part of me and it has been a passion of mine ever since i were a kid. Im not saying that I'm directly capable of guiding I'm quite humble about it. Really what i am trying to say is that i would love to offer my labor in exchange to get the chance to be "shadowing" a guide. Im ready tie on flies, untangle or tie on leaders and tippets, scream when the hook is to be set, wade in to the river to release the fly that got stuck, or whatever it takes - day long. Just let me be there hands on to feel the environment and gain information and experience behind what it takes to guide. Ive always had thoughts about entering the world of guiding but I've never had the chance to see whats it's like. We just got an official fishing guide education back in Denmark and the first few guides a now being educated. It might just be the education that I'll choose. I consider Being in Colorado around premium flyfishing water and most likely guides aswell*as a golden chance to find out if guiding is a path i should choose. I have about another 3 weeks left before I have to leave Colorado to study back in Denmark and if possible i would love*to use every last bit of my vacation by the river, not fishing but working. At the moment I'm staying in Buena Vista, figuring out the Arkansas river. I might just see you out there. But if not I would* appreciate it so much if you would somehow help me out.*
?
Best regards*
Peter BraŁner Degnbol
?
Email: [email protected]
Peter Degnbol 51701760 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2017, 03:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

it's not what it's cracked up to be, lots of work , very little fishing and grown up baby sitting.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

I hope you find a mentor. Stop into a fly shop that has an outfitter license, with some rations and buddy up with them. I'm sure that after a few cold ones and a couple puffs of broccoli, that someone will let you tag along!
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2017, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Alright guys! Thank you for advice. I'll keep the colds and the broccoli in mind. I guess it depends on what sort of people who works there. I do not expect it to be a fishing trip for myself. Really i just wanna help out, feel the environment and gain knowledge about what the guide industri is like. - im doing it to see if it could be a way to make a living in the future.

Best regards
Peter
Peter Degnbol 51701760 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in