Patagonia, Belize, Bahamas, Alaska? Let's go. - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2017, 12:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Patagonia, Belize, Bahamas, Alaska? Let's go.

Hello, I am a sixty year old, single, mostly retired, Colorado native living in Colorado Springs and I need a mostly fly fishing, male or female, travel fishing buddy. Most guys I know are too poor, too tired, too afraid, still working 9-5, etc, etc.

Over the last twenty-five years I have spent almost a year running around central and south america plus multiple trips to Mexico, Alaska, etc. I'm getting more into salt water fishing and spent two weeks on Christmas island this spring. My trips are more do it yourself than using lodges and so are less expensive but take more time. I call it adventure fishing.

There are no guarantees about tomorrow, go while you still can. Six5 [email protected]
six5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2017, 02:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds fun, but I am too.... to go.
ColoGregS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2017, 05:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by six5 View Post
Hello, I am a sixty year old, single, mostly retired, Colorado native living in Colorado Springs and I need a mostly fly fishing, male or female, travel fishing buddy. Most guys I know are too poor, too tired, too afraid, still working 9-5, etc, etc.

Over the last twenty-five years I have spent almost a year running around central and south america plus multiple trips to Mexico, Alaska, etc. I'm getting more into salt water fishing and spent two weeks on Christmas island this spring. My trips are more do it yourself than using lodges and so are less expensive but take more time. I call it adventure fishing.

There are no guarantees about tomorrow, go while you still can. Six5 [email protected]
Sounds like we have a lot in common apart from my being a tad older than yourself.

I am gradually crossing off fishing destinations off my bucket list, including CXI a few months ago & have just returned from Hawaii. Have also fished in Colorado, Australia, Sweden, UK, Scotland, Nuie, Norfolk Is. Rarotonga, Tasmania, Northern Territory, Tonga, Hawaii, Fiji, Solomon Is. etc.

Three destinations remain to be realised ie Fiordland (NZ) Stewart Is (NZ) & Alaska probably in that order. The first two are in New Zealand where I live & take full advantage of the fishing available here both fly, saltwater, netting, whitebaiting, shellfish gathering ... in fact anything remotely associated with fishing, but must admit diving now more a case of pudd-ling around on top with a mask & snorkel.

Like yourself tend to avoid pricey lodges or suchlike & to that end I have a motorhome set up primarily for fishing with a small boat & motor carried on the back, to travel extensively around NZ in a leisurely fashion both the Nth & Sth Is taking advantage of the many fishing opportunities including being able to camp riverside often at remote or exclusive locations. Also have a 5.5 mtr boat with a 90 hp motor for primarily fishing saltwater localities.

To date have hosted many overseas visiting anglers which I enjoy doing, including American, English, Sth. African, French, German, Australian etc.

Guess the purpose of all this dialogue is to propose (no not in that way) that if you were interested in swapping your aforementioned destinations for a fishing safari in NZ. Being strictly amateur, any such trip would be at minimal cost namely a 50% share of direct costs such as fuel, lpg, food, drink, RUC, ferry crossings & suchlike, with the m/home taking care of preparing/cooking meals along with accommodation. Cost care of a visiting angler would include international airfares, freshwater fishing licence ... approx. US$100 (12 mths) & any personal expenses.

If such a proposal was of possible interest let me know (without obligation) asap & we could discuss the possibility.

Can send you a link to a blog with reports & pics of the sort of thing involved altho destinations, objectives & duration would be ultra flexible.

Last edited by bazzanz; 09-05-2017 at 05:04 PM.
bazzanz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2017, 04:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Above offer now taken ..... may be a good reason, but rather disappointed at not being extended the courtesy of a reply from the intended recipient on this forum nevertheless.
bazzanz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2017, 09:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default Sorry Bazzanz...Just read your post.

You sure are getting around, good for you. If you'd like to talk about possibilities, please use my personal email address that I put in my first post as I don't look at this site every day. Tight Lines, Bill
six5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in