Need Raft/Trailer Storage and/or Floating Partner - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2017, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need Raft/Trailer Storage and/or Floating Partner

New to this thread and happy I'm finally here! I live in Denver and currently wade fish almost explicitly. I finally have the funds to buy a raft, frame and trailer so that I can start floating (prefer raft to drift boat due to it's flexibility of use and forgiveness). The biggest hold up on buying the raft, frame and trailer is finding affordable covered storage. Rather than dropping $1200 a year storing the raft and trailer, I am hoping that I can find someone who has garage space / covered parking and would value going float fishing with me enough to make the storage make sense. I'm pretty flexible on working out a deal. We could figure out split ownership of the raft/trailer, free storage in exchange for X days of use, free storage in exchange for X guided trips by me (I'm not a guide but I'd be on the oars while you fish), etc.

A few disclaimers: I'm new to floating and have a lot to learn on the oars (prefer the forgiveness of a raft). I'm 25 years old and live in an apartment in downtown Denver (don't have anywhere to store toys). I'm very excited to make this work, but realize that we would need to establish a certain level of trust first. Therefore, if you have the resources and interest in working out a deal like this, I propose we hit the water a few times to do some fishing and get to know each other.

Also, not quite the same offer. But if there is anyone out there who currently has a fishing raft and wants to get cash out of it, I am flexible on making something work. A few things that come to mind: I pay up front for X number of uses per year, I buy the raft from you and get to store it at your place for X years and you can use it a certain amount, I rent the raft from you on an as-need basis at a pre-agreed rate, etc.

-C
FishinMission is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2017, 11:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

Finding someone willing to store a raft is going to be a tough one. Particularly in your first post ever to CF.. Something you may want to consider is a pontoon boat or Inflatable kayak. I have run class 3 in a 8ft waterskeeter...... Not a WW pontoon boat at all but I made it (Bring extra oarlocks!) Fished out of it up to class 2. I ran into a guy with a homemade wood rowing frame/ platform running the poudre during highwater this spring... The IK i have run down big class 4. It is hard to fish out of while moving... But I that rainbow I caught while floating the boise river tailwater. You can stop and fish good runs and see alot of country. I was able to roll the IK up and fit it in the trunk of a accord coupe with the rest of the gear. It is 11 ft long and can hold two people or a decent amount of gear. But if you got your heart set on a raft look into the Aire Super Puma. It is narrower than most rafts and works good on the smaller colorado rivers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 75328_1727439423185_141240_n.jpg (104.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 180727_1856357566058_7991006_n.jpg (102.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 225870_2092182621537_5526501_n.jpg (75.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg P1010022.jpg (332.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 10-13-2017, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Or this looks like a fun option for CO.

http://riverboatworks.com/shop/blue-wing-olive/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in