Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Welcome to Come Along to Flat Tops 18 - 23 June 2019

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  aofisher 
#1 · (Edited)
Going on a fishing trip to Flat Tops, leaving from Colorado Springs around noon on the 19th of June and returning on the 24th of June. Going to set up by 10' x 14' canvas tent at the bottom of Yamcolo Reservoir. Lot of fishing holes in the area. If someone wants a productive fishing trip for trout, this is it!

#7 ·
I called the trip 3 days early...got there, set up in hail and rain...next day was nice for half the day then started raining hard on Thursday and the wind howling at 50+ mph at times...rain changed to snow early morning and temps stayed at 32 degrees...Stillwater was still half frozen over, but on Thursday I did manage to catch quite a few 16' cutbows. Packed out in the snow and mud and got home on Friday evening. Could have lived with snow, but it was wet, heavy snow and with the temps right at 32 degrees, was muddy. Forecast called for rain through the weekend and heavy winds. A week before I left, it was supposed to be sunny with a 10 percent chance of rain each day. Weathermen suck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.