Anyone want a slightly disabled boating buddy? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone want a slightly disabled boating buddy?

I'm coming off my 3rd back surgery in 18 months (I think this one failed too!) Fishing just hasn't been the same this year for me. I am chair bound, and shore bound at the moment. I can't float tube, and can't stand for more than 20 minutes before all hell breaks loose on my back. I can't walk a shoreline to fish artificials, and can't walk a river either. So far I have had 2 slightly successful trips to the chatty ponds, and one to St. Vrain with my 4 year old mostly watching him fish. I did get a couple mountain trips in presurgery but the last month has been horrible It's killing me to not have the ability to move 20 feet from my car. I can't carry the more than 10 pounds at a time. If anyone wouldn't mind a slightly disabled boating buddy, I'd love a ride. Looking at Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday the 15th-17th. I have plenty of gear, and plenty of gas money to throw in too. In town would be best as it's hard for me to drive for more than 20 minutes. I could always catch a ride up the hill if anyone was headed to the mountains and wouldn't mind either.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help a brother out!
giant squid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Anyone want a slightly disabled boating buddy?

Man, I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I'm somewhat in the same boat (no pun intended). Good luck finding a boating partner, I've been hoping for the same thing.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

Good luck
funkmastersnowshoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2011, 04:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to fishingkats

if you could make it out east i would be more then happy to put you and your boy in a boat for a while... we have a nice lake that my kid could drive you around and let you and your kid catch some fish

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in