Colorado Fishing Forum

Colorado Fishing Forum (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php)
-   Find a Partner (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Ice fishing the western slope this weekend? (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84298)

shutupandfish 11-20-2013 06:34 PM

Ice fishing the western slope this weekend?

Anyone up for some ice fishing this weekend? I've got a few spots in mind within about 2 hours of glenwood springs, either west or east depending. Ice is probably gonna be kinda thin, so I'd like to have someone nearby for safety reasons. Also willing to fish somewhere else if you've got a spot in mind.

Chaz

flyfishgeek 11-21-2013 08:13 AM

TOO soon for me! Headed up the gunnison this weekend

shutupandfish 11-21-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyfishgeek (Post 985162)
TOO soon for me! Headed up the gunnison this weekend

Hopefully I'll be icing perch and pike in a few weeks, maybe I'll see you out there again this season!

flyfishgeek 11-21-2013 02:45 PM

I am definitely looking forward to it, still trying to buy gear. Maybe I will work on building a sled sunday

Opry99er 11-21-2013 02:45 PM

Any good perch ice-fisheries in the Metro area? =) Might be fun on a warm-ish day to hit the ice with the boy and look for abandoned holes. =)

rvinson 11-21-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opry99er (Post 985810)
Any good perch ice-fisheries in the Metro area? =) Might be fun on a warm-ish day to hit the ice with the boy and look for abandoned holes. =)

Yes, Yes there are.

Good luck getting someone to give up a perch spot though ;D

Opry99er 11-21-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvinson (Post 985842)
Yes, Yes there are.

Good luck getting someone to give up a perch spot though ;D

Ah, it's all good... I'd take gills or sunnies too... crappie.... any kind of slab.

As far as perch go, they were my favorite fish to catch in Texas... So freakin' many of em and they were the tastiest drink at the party HANDS DOWN...

The black crappie were good too... =)

*And no sweat. I don't blame people for not wanting to be too... chatty about their perch. ;)

shutupandfish 11-21-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opry99er (Post 985810)

I'm not very familiar with icing the metro area, even though I lived there most of my life. There's plenty of info to be found though if you search the site a bit!

shutupandfish 11-21-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyfishgeek (Post 985802)
I am definitely looking forward to it, still trying to buy gear. Maybe I will work on building a sled sunday

Anything specific you're lookin for?

flyfishgeek 11-21-2013 07:17 PM

Looking for a decent deal on an auger. Found a nice hut at Sportsmans, found a fish TV at a pawn shop last week