Colorado Fishing Forum

Colorado Fishing Forum (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php)
-   Find a Partner (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tooning the Ark (https://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94505)

bugz 03-09-2014 05:30 PM

Tooning the Ark

Saw some guys running personal pontoons down the ARK in pueblo this summer. I know some spots that would be easier to get a good drift from a toon and banging the banks nearthe deep water with streamers could be fun. I used to fish out of my pontoon in ID on rivers and hitchhike back home. Dont think that will work as well in Pueblo. wanting to do that this summer when the water is up but fishable not wader friendly. I have run big idaho class 3 (Swirley canyon SF Payette) in the pontoon (bigger in my inflatable kayak) so I feel pretty comfortable running that stretch from the damn to the ww park(I have fished it all). Looking for someone who wants to join and help with the shuttle next summer.

bugz 03-31-2014 10:30 PM

Is this site full of bank maggots and sissys?

lvrider 03-31-2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugz (Post 1210553)
Is this site full of bank maggots and sissys?

You forgot to add in pot stirring

Pete-G 04-02-2014 09:46 PM

We wade in the real rapids.

Oyey 04-04-2014 06:01 AM

Hey bugz... hit me up when you are gettin close to goin... I float that section several times a year in a float tube or my raft. It's a blast.

Pete, you don't wade the real rapids....not even close

bugz 04-17-2014 04:09 PM

Oyey,

I will let you know. It has not come up enough yet and I am not sure how much of a window we will get before they open the taps on the res and it startsto flow at 1500 csf or more. What levels do you think we need? I am guessing about 400-600 hundred cfs. If you got a raft I would love to run some of the ark above the res and I dont mind rowing. I did rincon to valley bridge in my ducky last year. It was fun but I tried to fit it in after running bighorn canyon. I will do it again with time to stop and wade this year. Flows are about perfect to run a raft now.

bugz 04-17-2014 07:05 PM

Oyey,

I will let you know. It has not come up enough yet and I am not sure how much of a window we will get before they open the taps on the res and it startsto flow at 1500 csf or more. What levels do you think we need? I am guessing about 400-600 hundred cfs. If you got a raft I would love to run some of the ark above the res and I dont mind rowing. I did rincon to valley bridge in my ducky last year. It was fun but I tried to fit it in after running bighorn canyon. I will do it again with time to stop and wade this year. Flows are about perfect to run a raft now.

Pete-G 04-17-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oyey (Post 1214857)
Hey bugz... hit me up when you are gettin close to goin... I float that section several times a year in a float tube or my raft. It's a blast.

Pete, you don't wade the real rapids....not even close

Nobody does, but i'm not a sissy either.

golden rod 04-18-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete-G (Post 1236186)
Nobody does, but i'm not a sissy either.

Yes you are, a big sissy afraid of snakes.

boondock 04-18-2014 09:19 AM

drinking and floating droooool