Deep Cycle Batteries Denver - Page 2 - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2014, 07:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

I have a pretty much brand new Batteries Plus 27 Id let go of for $40 and a older but still usable 24 crankin battery for $25
BuckMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2014, 11:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

amazon.com
Old 07-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

As for Amazon heard of major shipping issues

Got hooked up at Pep Boys with a New Bosch and a charger, thanks to all
Grease Liner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #14 (permalink)

I have ordered 3 optima batteries from amazon. One did show up with a small crack on the top. I emailed them and they sent me a new one, it showed up in 3 days. I put a little glue over the crack on the cracked one and use it with no problems. I am pretty happy with Amazon and the batteries. The price was cheaper on Amazon than any other place I could find, and being a prime member, it shipped for free and took about 3 days for each one.
jdavis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2014, 11:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

Walmart and Costco had the same warranty. Walmarts group 31, trolling, was the same price when I bought my newest one 1 month ago.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:40 AM   #16 (permalink)

Slimer I laugh everytime I see that chimp video. CLASSIC!
BuckMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavis View Post
I have ordered 3 optima batteries from amazon. One did show up with a small crack on the top. I emailed them and they sent me a new one, it showed up in 3 days. I put a little glue over the crack on the cracked one and use it with no problems. I am pretty happy with Amazon and the batteries. The price was cheaper on Amazon than any other place I could find, and being a prime member, it shipped for free and took about 3 days for each one.
This, except mine were not damaged during shipping. Saved hundreds
Old 07-18-2014, 06:57 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic Man View Post
Just about all the batteries are now made by Johnson Controls. Maybe slightly different specifications, but they are largely the same.

I went through this earlier this year. Cheapest I found was Costco. They were about the same price as Walmart with a slightly better warranty.
This is true. I sold auto parts for 3 years and almost every battery produced in this country is made by Johnson controls. But as mentioned they all have slightly different specs and build features. With that said, I worked for both AutoZone and Advance I can say that Advance (Autocraft) batteries seem to be pretty good, where as the AutoZone (Duralast) seemed to fail on a semi regular basis. I didn't have many returns on the Autocraft deep cycle batteries, in fact I'm not sure if I ever returned a deep cycle at Advance aside from cores.

Batteries Plus also sells good quality batteries at reasonable prices, and they are made by DEKA. I wouldn't give an Optima battery to my worst enemy. They are just an expensive paper weight these days. When they were made here in Aurora they were fantastic batteries that lived forever it seemed like. Since they moved manufacturing operations to Mexico quality has really sucked. Almost every Optima I've ever sold was returned completely dead in the water before the 3 year warranty expired. My boss put TWO Optimas in his Lexus in 2 years and finally put an Autocraft in his car after the 2nd failure. They are so bad I actually stopped selling them to people because I was sick of getting pissed off customers that spent $200+ on a new battery and it end up being dead 18 months later. Just my 2 cents.

Scottie
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2014, 01:03 PM   #19 (permalink)

Interesting to hear about Optima. They were developed by Gates Rubber Co. on South Broadway in Denver before they started making them in Aurora. Good to know there are alternatives.
albow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #20 (permalink)

Has anyone tried using golf cart batteries for the trolling motor?
My neighbor says they are even better than deep cycle.
zebco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in