For Those Looking For Custom Lures - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2016, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default For Those Looking For Custom Lures

Not sure if this is proper etiquette or not. But, I'm sure someone will let me know.

I asked a while back if anyone knew a local custom lure company and couldn't seem to find anyone here. As a lure "junky" I tend to like to use things and colors that fish don't see often on pressured waters.

So, after searching and asking and searching some more; I found a custom lure company that produces beautiful work at a fair price (I think anyway). Here's a few square bills they did up for me and a link to there site for those who are interested. Pics don't do them justice- I suck at photography. But the link has great photos and the lures look even better than those in person.

kirbycreekcustoms.com

If you look a little further at their site there are a few other custom lure guys they recommend as well.

Last edited by Ninja; 03-17-2016 at 01:08 PM. Reason: spelling
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2016, 01:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Went to their site and the paint jobs/color schemes are very impressive!!!

Have you fished their lures enough to know if the paint job/color holds up to some abuse?
dallasdb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2016, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yes. Better than many of the store bought ones IMO.

You can contact the owner directly and he can go into more details about his painting process.
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2016, 01:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Nice paint jobs for sure! Not sure it's worth the premium though.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

VERY nice.. love a couple of those... I need a custom color for sure in that exact lure. I'll talk to you about it.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

I like the looks of the slimer colored one.

S. Sadil
CF LURKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2016, 04:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

I would be concerned about 1 thing with these baits, as I had a friend purchase a bunch of blank baits that he hand painted a few years back. Out of 25 of the vision 110 knockoffs 3 suspended, some sunk so fast it was like they had a leak, others floated so hard that even a 2x strong hook wouldnt make em act rite.

The cranks should not be that big of a deal but I wont be the first guy here buying a $22 jerkbait not knowing if it suspends, floats or sinks.

Stellar paintjobs though.
Biggie Smalls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2016, 10:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

I was thinking about buying one after looking but the whole "tackle raffle" thing kinda sucks instead of just listing on their site what is ready for immediate purchase. Also, the descriptions on some of the jerks I looked are are somewhat vague as for example the 110 says 3' deeper than the 100 or whatever and you look at the 100 and there is not a depth listed for it. I will check back maybe (though they are pricey I would like to try an extreme rainbow jerk from them)
Old 03-18-2016, 11:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie smalls View Post
I would be concerned about 1 thing with these baits, as I had a friend purchase a bunch of blank baits that he hand painted a few years back. Out of 25 of the vision 110 knockoffs 3 suspended, some sunk so fast it was like they had a leak, others floated so hard that even a 2x strong hook wouldnt make em act rite.

The cranks should not be that big of a deal but I wont be the first guy here buying a $22 jerkbait not knowing if it suspends, floats or sinks.

Stellar paintjobs though.
That is easily overcome, and it's nice to have a variety of sink/float rates on those jerks.. I know consistency is nice, but as long as you mark them, I think that is an issue I could live with....especially considering the price.

I dig the square bills and they are all floaters I believe. I want a crappie color square bill badly...like the top left one with some vertical striping.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

Save yer money for more fuel to be at the right place right time right presentation. Special color paint job is worth maybe .05% of the hookup-
slayerfish is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in