Lowrence HDS Gen 3 3D structure scan - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2016, 12:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lowrence HDS Gen 3 3D structure scan

Hi All
Just real quick one here. Is anyone using the 3D structurescan units? What do you think of them? Are they really worth 3 grand?
Thanks for looking
CH
COtroller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2016, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

I had one on my boat when I lived in Florida. It was great for zeroing in on a favorite spot. I also used it to search for new spots. If you have a fiberglass boat the transducer can be mounted at the lowest point on the inside of the boat hull instead of on the transom. That will allow it to work at higher speeds.
It might work on wood or metal boats but I don't know. I've had three fiberglass boats and it worked great everytime.
Theonethatgotaway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2016, 09:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hi
I just bought a new Lund 1875 Cossover xs. Just picked it up today so just starting to rig it out. I was wondering is the $3000.00 price tag was worth it. I am retired now and plan to a lot fishing. I have a Garmin 73 down view I want put up front on the terrova trolling motor. I saw the Lowrence HDS units and the gen III, 3D looked like a great tool to locate structure and bait. I really have a hell of a time getting good information from just the down view, which is good, but nothing like the 3D structures an units.
Thanks for your reply.
CH
COtroller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in