Mercury Marine Mobile Vessel Veiw - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2017, 07:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Mercury Marine Mobile Vessel Veiw

Just thought I would throw this out. I just got my mobile vessel veiw module from Mercury Marine. It is Bluetooth and with the mobile VesselView app you can display all your Mercury engine information on any iPad, apple or android mobile devise. It cost just 275.00 and the app is free, takes about 10 min to install. You can see all engine info like rpm, speed, trim angle, engine hrs, maintenance info engine error codes and it works on any 40-350 hp single or multi engine configurations. Beats the hell out of spending thousands to install the regular VesselView instrument displays and systems. Check it out.
I am using mine on my iPad and it looks great I can even adjust my trolling speed on the big 150 4 stroke, as well as fuel use so now you can have very accurate fuel use numbers. This is a must for break in, and oil changes, unless your a dealer, or paid for the VesselView option up front.
Very happy with it.
CH

Last edited by COtroller; 02-01-2017 at 07:21 AM.
COtroller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2017, 07:34 AM   #2 (permalink)

Is this the same as "Smartcraft" gauges...?
My Smartcraft will give Me pretty much the same info..
Old 02-01-2017, 08:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFSHDOU2? View Post
Is this the same as "Smartcraft" gauges...?
My Smartcraft will give Me pretty much the same info..
Not sure what smart craft gauges are or how they work. This is the VesselVeiw. I Use my iPad(9.5" display) color just google VesselVeiw mobile. And you will get Mercurys info on it. My Lund did not come with any smart gauges, or VesselView so all I had was analog speed and rpm, now I have everything, speed, rpm, water temp, troll control, fuel management, engine hr, trim angle, every thing that the 2016 150 hp 4 stroke engine will tell you. I thought I had a lot more hr on the engine than I did last year. I'm still on break in hrs. I called the dealer and they wanted like 1900 to retro fit smart gauges, and about a 2k to put in the NEMA network to get VesselVeiw on my Lawrence Gen3 3D scan depth finder. Total cost to me useing this system 275.00 for everything had the old iPad just knocking around used it with the Larence Gen 3 for an exstra screen using WyFi now I have VesselVeiw on Bluetooth as well.
Good luck
CH
P.S
Just looked at smart gauge, and the VesselView is way better. Loads more info. And way faster to get data. You cans also use VV with smart gauges.

Last edited by COtroller; 02-01-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2017, 12:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

I guess I have no need for any info but how much fuel I got left-
slayerfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 02:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Sounds interesting. But I doubt it will work on my 07.
Bionic Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2017, 06:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic Man View Post
Sounds interesting. But I doubt it will work on my 07.
Mercury says 40hp and up and all engines capiable of smart gauge 2003-current year. So you 07 should not be a problem. Even if you have a tach, speedometer and charging voltage. You should want oil pressure, engine temp and hrs on oil change.
CH
Old 02-02-2017, 07:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COtroller View Post
Mercury says 40hp and up and all engines capiable of smart gauge 2003-current year. So you 07 should not be a problem. Even if you have a tach, speedometer and charging voltage. You should want oil pressure, engine temp and hrs on oil change.
CH
Sounds REAL easy to utilize...
On My Smartcraft, I need to toggle through the readings on a smaller round gauge...
Tough when Your zipping across a lake...
I like the "Hours" feature, though.... gives Me a great reference point.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COtroller View Post
Just thought I would throw this out. I just got my mobile vessel veiw module from Mercury Marine. It is Bluetooth and with the mobile VesselView app you can display all your Mercury engine information on any iPad, apple or android mobile devise. It cost just 275.00 and the app is free, takes about 10 min to install. You can see all engine info like rpm, speed, trim angle, engine hrs, maintenance info engine error codes and it works on any 40-350 hp single or multi engine configurations. Beats the hell out of spending thousands to install the regular VesselView instrument displays and systems. Check it out.
I am using mine on my iPad and it looks great I can even adjust my trolling speed on the big 150 4 stroke, as well as fuel use so now you can have very accurate fuel use numbers. This is a must for break in, and oil changes, unless your a dealer, or paid for the VesselView option up front.
Very happy with it.
CH
Hi COtroller,

Just wanted to confirm that the Vessel View mobile app will show trim angle and control trolling speed. I was talking to a Mercury rep who said it would only show basic info. I also have the 150 four stroke so maybe that engine supports more features?

Thanks
Skywatcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2017, 03:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hi, I have not had mine out on the lake yet. So have no had the engine actual run on the display. I don't know if it shows trim angle or not. I have a trim gauge on the dash. I think I was told that it would control ideal speed. That sucks if it won't. I know it shows fuel use and speed, rpm, location, wind, hr. and some other things. It can be added I would think. Maybe in a future version of the app. These things are selling like mad. Most of the things I use are there. Like hours for maintence and fuel used. I have not talked to Mercury rep for some time, I got mine last Dec. as I was on the list early.
Let us know for sure.
Thanks
CH
Old 04-27-2017, 03:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Oops my bad it does not show trim, troll control, or tow control. Mercury had save some for the NEMA 2000 module. For the 1500.00 boating network and full smart craft network. Sorry I screwed up. It says al of the smartcraft data I assumed that meant control as well.
CH

Last edited by COtroller; 04-27-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in