Light Ice Pack Ideas - Page 2 - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2018, 05:32 PM   #11 (permalink)

I found this out last week because my vexilar battery died. so I strip off the stakeons and hook it up to a makita battery I had spare for my auger. under the battery it showed what was positive and what was neg so it was a piece of cake just slid the wires in and it ran the vex all day.
littlemac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2018, 07:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemac View Post
I found this out last week because my vexilar battery died. so I strip off the stakeons and hook it up to a makita battery I had spare for my auger. under the battery it showed what was positive and what was neg so it was a piece of cake just slid the wires in and it ran the vex all day.
Glenn does your phone work?
slayerfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2018, 07:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

yes mike it does, I just shut the cell off around five so work doesn't bother me. the home phone is always on. what you have in mind?
littlemac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2018, 08:24 AM   #14 (permalink)

I'm not opposed to running the vex out of the pack, but I tend to move a lot, so that's where my head is at, trying to keep it so I can just grab the pack handle and auger to bounce around holes. I will be looking for a lighter battery, but the vex battery isn't really that bad, this is more to get rid of the sled.

The auger needs some work, I took it out initially and the blade walked around a bit until it grabbed, so I built a centering point on it, will have to get pictures of how I did that. And the other mods I did to it to make sure it doesn't fall down the hole. Anyway, yesterday at the mile, the centering point proved to be too much point and it would not dig like it did last weekend before I built a point in.
koldkut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2018, 01:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

My Vex is probably 10 years old so I don't know if the newer ones will fit, but I put mine in a big Tidy Cat kitty litter container. It fits the vex case perfectly and has a plastic hinged lid on it. When it's snowing I lift one side of the lid a few inches and can watch it without it getting wet. Carrying handle too. I got a couple of them when I used to volunteer at an animal shelter, you could probably give a shelter a $10 donation and they'd be glad to give you a couple.
kastmisser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in