I did a batch of 48 PVC swimbait body-blanks today. I got to test out my new planer and jigsaw, could not be more pleased. There is a faux woodgrain pressed into the stock I use, and it has to come off. I had been doing the blanks one at a time with a palm sander, and it took a LONG time to get the grain sanded out. One pass with the planer and it is done!
I got the blanks traced, rough cut, rough sanded, and rounded over. I need to finish sand them, articulate them, cut out four dozen tails and bills, install ballast/hardware, and test/tune them.
I am talking to a body shop about Auto clearcoat. The finish is the big thing, as it takes a long time to paint and clearcoat a bait. It would be nice to get the clear done fast and easy...