Mudhole Black Friday - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2011, 07:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Mudhole Black Friday

http://www.mudhole.com/Black-Friday-2011

Look out for Cyber Monday as well, I was able to pick up as much cork as they would sell me(limited to 20 pieces), for $1 a piece, normally these same pieces go for $8-10 each, and I still have leftovers after building multiple rods on them. Not sure what all they will have, but small parts add up, if you want to get some stuff cheap, this is the way to go.
koldkut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
WYO

Default Re: Mudhole Black Friday

Cool, maybe I'll pull the trigger on a $30 ice rod kit.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2011, 08:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain America
When I get time, maybe Friday, I'll put the pics from rod building day up and get to doing the writeup for other folks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2011, 08:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
WYO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldkut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain America
When I get time, maybe Friday, I'll put the pics from rod building day up and get to doing the writeup for other folks.
That would be boss! I looked at those building jigs and it seems like they could be readily built with some scraps of wood I have lying around. I saw something where a guy used a canabalized mouse trap to keep tension on thread.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2011, 07:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

I just ordered a couple blanks and kits from mudhole and found a coupon code for free shipping some of you may be able to use. Enter FREESHIPPINGPLZ in the coupon box when checking out. Saved me $12.
tjcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcolorado
I just ordered a couple blanks and kits from mudhole and found a coupon code for free shipping some of you may be able to use. Enter FREESHIPPINGPLZ in the coupon box when checking out. Saved me $12.
Ice blanks I assume if you only saved $12? Which ones? I just ordered 3 of their 30" blanks and 1 36" blank today and 4 sets of grips, two cork and two EVA....and crap.....I just realize I forgot stir sticks and epoxy cups, I've got less than 10 cups left.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

You can get pill cups at walgreens....and stir sticks at McDonalds...

http://www.walgreens.com/search/resu...ps&x=150&y=109

Never mind...online only..
hobiecat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2011, 09:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobiecat
You can get pill cups at walgreens....and stir sticks at McDonalds...

http://www.walgreens.com/search/resu...ps&x=150&y=109

Never mind...online only..
I'm sure I can find substitutes...
Old 11-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Ice blanks I assume if you only saved $12? Which ones? I just ordered 3 of their 30" blanks and 1 36" blank today and 4 sets of grips, two cork and two EVA....and crap.....I just realize I forgot stir sticks and epoxy cups, I've got less than 10 cups left.
Yeah I ordered some ice rods for myself and one of my buddies. I can't imagine what shipping would be on some of those big one piece rods but I was happy to save $12.

From mudhole I got two of the MHX 42" kits and two 39" medium solid glass blanks. I also placed an order from Jann's and picked up some korkalon handles, a few spools of thread, epoxy, some finish, guide sets, and a 39" composite blank. Their shipping was only $4 on cyber monday. I think I'll order couple of those EVA's on the next round. I have a whole bunch of HDU signfoam of different thicknesses that got me thinking about carving up some handles as well.
tjcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2011, 04:41 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah I ordered some ice rods for myself and one of my buddies. I can't imagine what shipping would be on some of those big one piece rods but I was happy to save $12.

From mudhole I got two of the MHX 42" kits and two 39" medium solid glass blanks. I also placed an order from Jann's and picked up some korkalon handles, a few spools of thread, epoxy, some finish, guide sets, and a 39" composite blank. Their shipping was only $4 on cyber monday. I think I'll order couple of those EVA's on the next round. I have a whole bunch of HDU signfoam of different thicknesses that got me thinking about carving up some handles as well.
I think you'll like the 42" blank the best of all the blanks you ordered, but you may have been better going with the 36" or the 30" MHX blank. The 39" glass blanks are kind of soft as well. Play with them when you get them and let me know what you think...we may have to meet up on the ice so you can see the difference in the shorter MHX rods since they are stouter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in