MHX F662-3 Spin/fly build "Stealth" - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default MHX F662-3 Spin/fly build "Stealth"

Nothing like waking up to the first pictures of your new rod!
I contacted Mark Crouse a couple weeks ago to inquire about building an Extreme Ultra-light Spin/Fly on a budget, $100-$150.
After some time of searching through blanks I decided on MHX-F662-3. Most of the blanks I found in my budget typically had a fairly high ERN to line weight. 2wt were rating out at 2.5 to 3.5. And 1 weight blanks I found were pretty pricey. The F662-3 has a listed ERN of 1.28 and a blank cost of around $50-$60. Perfect! (also mhx has a F663-3 that has an ERN of 2.06) The 3 pc I really liked as well. It needs to be packable. 2pc are great rods for “feel”, but tougher to hike with at 36”-46” sections. Flip sided 4 and 5 pc are great packing but loss a lot of “feel”. Blank arrived to Mark Tuesday.
My last rod from mark is a UL/light spinning rod with a burgundy blank and a twisted maple handle. Super cool looking. But wanted something different with this one…went with a “Stealth” look. Black EVA Fore/rear grip, with a black reelseat. Reelseat and a 50/50 split because I wanted to avoid the split rings of a Tennessee handle. Though I personally do like that look. Mark added a matching buttcap and seat insert, that has a very cool Carbon fiber look.
Here are a few pic’s I just got this morning. i'll post a few more as they come in.

FISHJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: MHX F662-3 Spin/fly build "Stealth"

Nice looking.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in