Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Float trip Arkansas River

View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 12:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
bugz

Default Float trip Arkansas River

Well these conditions are not going to last much longer. The river is going to blow out with runoff and the reservoir will steadily drop over the summer. Who wants to do a float trip from Florence to the reservoir and take out at turkey creek. Looking for people with kayaks, canoes, Inflatable kayaks who want to see what the river holds on that difficult to access stretch. Looking for people with some river experience and reliable boats (No walmart special boats..) From my research it is class 1-2 with some sweepers and some possible water diversions/lowhead dams that may need to be portaged. But all in all pretty low drama, with some nice scenery and some lightly pressured fish. I will be taking my tandem Inflatable Kayak, throw bag, pin kit and fishing gear etc.

http://www.raftingcolorado.net/arkan...trips/swallows

Last edited by bugz; 04-01-2015 at 12:23 PM.
bugz is offline   Reply With Quote

» Forum Search
» Insurance