Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - "Improvements"

Thread: "Improvements"
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 08:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
dieseldoctor

I'm still going to write a letter but I have zero expectations with it making any impact at all. It was clear what their intentions were before when they held a meeting and went against everything we suggested.... We wanted the orientation to be longer and really stress proper fish handling and the tools needed to safely release a pike. A couple years later they did away with the orientation altogether and from that point on the poor fish handling got even worse. Now it's not uncommon to see someone walking the dam with an ultralight their ultralight trout rig with a steel lead attached to a big kastmaster or something similar. After fighting a 25 inch pike for 10 minutes they fumble around trying to release the fish without jaw spreaders or a pair of pliers. 10 minutes after that there's a floater..... It's not uncommon to see a few floaters along the dam. As much as that pisses me off I can walk away from the dam and fish my usual spots away from the masses. After they're done I have a feeling those spots that used to take a little work to get to will have parking lots built closer to them and all the cattails and trees removed to add easier access which just equates to more money.

I miss the good old days out there when they reminded everyone this is a privilege and if you shmucks can't get it right we'll just close the entire fishing program down.
dieseldoctor is offline   Reply With Quote

» Forum Search
» Insurance