Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Found,..fly bag

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  CF LURKER 
#1 ·
Fished a high lake today. OK fishing, a few cutties, altho most were interested more in loving, than our presentations. Anyway, on way back, found a bag on shoreline,..filled with fly stuff. No one around, waited an hour, and who knows how much before that. Felt kind of guilty taking it, but like a
I said, no one near. Thought about leaving it, but some other smuck might have picked it up. So, if anyone lost a hole sh**load of flies, tippets, indicators, etc, please pm me, and tell me what brand of bag, contents, etc., and I will gladly return. If not, I may just become a fly guy!

#3 ·
Found the owner. Searching thru the bag the third time, deep down in one of the pockets, I found his fishing license. Now, most people keep their license in their wallet, but luckily, he didn't. So I was able to get it to him thru his address on his license.

#8 ·
Instant karma. Since finding the bag and returning it, I decided to put my name & phone # on my fishing bags. As luck would have it, or un-luck, my fishing bag, with replaceable but valuable stuff,...was left behind at a high country lake a few weeks back. I fretted, but hoped for an honest person to find it. A few days later, I received a call, saying he found it, and wanted to return it to me. As luck would have it, he lived less than a mile from me. Thank you, Vince! Hopefully, a new fishing partner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.