Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

May Fishing Trip to Flat Tops Wilderness Area

3K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  slayerfish 
#1 ·
Planning on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday, come back late Memorial day trip to Yampa/Flat Tops area in May. If interested, let me know. Can take 3 people with me. I am in the Colorado Springs area, but can either go to the area via Highway 24 or I-70, so could pick up interested parties at all points in between.

#2 ·
Can you guarantee a 19"+ brookie? And, most importantly, no politics? :biggrin1: Been thinking about hitting that area. Put me down as a very, very tentative option...

#3 ·
No politics, but can talk sports/hunting/food if you want. Can guarantee 24"+ rainbows ;). Saw a lot of brookies near some beaver dams along Dome Creek, but biggest was probably only around 10 - 12 ". Let me know how things are looking as May gets closer. If we can get a couple of others willing to drive and bring tents, we could make a mass cf outing of it!

I can get the wife to make some kalbi (Korean short ribs) and bulgogi (beef stir fry) and grill them up. That **** is bomb!

Would love to prove that I'm not a masshole because I cheer on the Patriots :) From Maine, so that makes me a fairly reasonable Pats' fan. Damn, how I miss fishing in Maine, but don't miss the skeeters or black flies.

Anyway, PM me as date gets closer. You would make 3 of us going so far. My hunting partner would go as well, and I'm sure I can talk him into driving and hauling someone along as well that wants to go.

#8 ·
Been to that lake many many times. Usually ices off week b4 Memorial Day. BUT, the snow going in does not allow for the use of wheeled vehicles. We hike the 7 miles in usually. And in late June the skeeters will make you wish you were back in Maine!

#9 ·
Been to that lake many many times. Usually ices off week b4 Memorial Day. BUT, the snow going in does not allow for the use of wheeled vehicles. We hike the 7 miles in usually. And in late June the skeeters will make you wish you were back in Maine!
Thanks for the inspirational/motivational words, Slayer! Walking in is fine. Thanks for the intel! Noel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.