Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Tiger trout stocked in Gross

View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 09:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Delaney Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
Zman is right. Tiger Trout or Tiger Muskie could go a long way to removing suckers and improving trout fishing. Back in the day, Parvin Lake (Red Feathers area) was kind of a mediocre fishery. The size of trout were nothing to write home about. After Tiger Muskie were stocked, the average size of trout increased significantly. Another question I have is why more browns aren't stocked in Lake John. I may be wrong but I believe North Delaney Butte Res doesn't have nearly the sucker load that the other North Park reservoirs have. And we all know about the beasts (rainbow and brown) that reside in that reservoir.
Sorry to sidetrack the original topic, pretty sure the DOW believes if they stocked more browns in Lake John they would eat the many fingerlings they put in there every summer. They claimed the gravel filter on the inlet would prevent sucker minnows from entering. The last round of poisoning and reclaiming they thought the filter was totally fixed. Time will tell, the lake is full of minnows now and guessing they are a mix of many things.
Delaney Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

» Forum Search
» Insurance