Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Things you wish you knew before you started bass fishing

View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 09:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dave M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobys View Post
I would say I wish I knew how crucial the proper set ups were. When I first got into it I was using crap spinning combos, with shit line, and trying to throw all these different baits I saw people talking about or saw videos of. Sure, some fish were caught, but when I finally made the investment into relatively better gear things changed. One doesn't understand the difference a good rod and reel makes and the sensitivity that can come along with it. The set up might not be making a giant difference to the action of the lure but makes all the difference when you can actually feel what's going on down there. Also, just having more patience. That goes for all types of species though. I used to switch up lures every 10 minutes and what not, having little success. The last few years I became much more consistent in throwing a bait until I got a good feel for it.
What bob said.

Rods make all the difference in the world.

My favorite lure to use for bass will always be senkos. Followed by brown tube jigs. I've caught more black bass off those 2 more than anything... Although I will say straight up... Nothing is better than a topwater explosion. Poppers, frogs and jointed floating rapalas are fun for this.

#thorntonscumbags
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote

» Forum Search
» Insurance