Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Moving...to Arvada...!

6K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  COpanfishin 
#1 ·
I'm going to need some new ponds to fish at! Got the home inspection today then appraisal soon to follow. Got a crib walking distance to Olde Town Arvada--crazy pricey but better than renting.

Not looking to bust into anybody's honey holes in Arvada but I'm going to miss my little Lakewood bass ponds! Is getting an annual pass to Arvada Reservoir worth it for a shore fisherman?

Any tips, suggestions, etc would be awesome. PM me!

DT

ps -- need to sign up for trash service as well. I know there was a thread not too long ago about it. Moving to a non-HOA hood.

#4 ·
I'm just a few miles north of you in arvada...only fished Arvada res once though but I have heard plenty of good things about it. Arbor does have walleye...but not many from my experiences, much better for carp and smaller gills/sunfish. Jim Baker res has lots of lmb and smb but a lot of people fish there for the slimers that they load in there in the spring. Prospect Park and Lowell ponds offer a bunch of options for different species. there are a bunch of neighborhood ponds too but like bobys said a good number of them are private.

#16 ·
Congrats on the house and good luck on the move. Housing cost has gone up so much in the last 3 years that it has killed my former plans to trade up. Just getting ready to get a vacation home in the south some time down the road now.

#18 ·
Waiting on the appraisal but everything looks to be a go! Pretty stoked. I'm gonna check out Arvada Res...if it's anything like BC, it might be worth it to me to get a pass...too bad you can't ice it! Booooooooooo!!!!

How about Pro Disposal?

#20 ·
Rheinlander Bakery is something that haunts me every time I go to Arvada... their sticky buns are soo good as well as their strudels etc. voted best bakery in Denver. I heard some of those ponds in those areas have big saugers. might be one of those back in the day stories...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.