Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

To Face Shield or Not to Face Shield... that is the question

6K views 42 replies 19 participants last post by  cochise 
#1 ·
For those of you who have tried them, what do you think?

Do they get hot?

I'd imagine breathing into cloth in the hot sun would get warm and moist...

What do you guys think?

I do like the idea of my neck and face not getting fried and not having to put on sunscreen.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I've tried two different ones and just can't get used to them. I see guys wearing them all the time out on the lake (Pueblo sun is brutal) so it must be different for others.

Sunscreen for me.

If you get one cut a slit for your blowhole.

#5 ·
I use mine constantly but do not like putting the cloth over my mouth. I just put it over the rest of my head. It keeps me super cool in summer, warm in winter. I put sunscreen on my nose and the small area it doesn't cover. I swear by them and hate when I forget em. When it's hot, there is nothing like soaking that sucker in the water and wearing it with a tiny breeze... instant comfort

#7 ·
ive been wondering about those as well. i hate blistered burnt necks. it makes the weed salve burn when you put it on. sometimes i get away with just weed salve for sunscreen. all natural!!! i sometimes wonder if the poison in sunscreen isn't worse than the sun cancer? weed salve really soothes mild sun burn and wind burn so well its gone in the morning.

#36 ·
I capitalized on the code too, I more so like the idea of something covering my neck from the sun. I'm not as fancy as you old timers though, stuck with the solid colors for the most part. Thanks for the heads up on the deal dallas
Talking smack and then ordering a few?!?!? haha

I have to admit at first I thought it was just a fad but considering my grandma has had multiple surgeries for skin cancer on her face and ear I think it is worth getting some better protection.

#9 ·
A company to check out that I like for their Buffs is Free fly.

https://www.freeflyapparel.com/

I am not a fan of covering mouth and nose unless it is really cold out but then my glasses get all fogged up. I use mine to cover my neck mostly. I do wear a collared shirt that i pop the collar up and use the buff to hold it up to keep the sun off the back of my neck.

#18 · (Edited)
I ordered a few. BAndrews and I split the order, there was a promo code and we got 5 for $20 shipped!

It was worth $12 to get 3 of them and try them out.

If anything it sounds like they'd make good neck protection and can keep you cool when soaked in water.

sateam.company is where we ordered them.

The website and using the promo codes was a pain in the ass to be honest. I saw an ad with a promo code that wasn't working but I emailed them and they hooked it up.

I'll have to remember to pop my collar when wearing them... right CF Lurker?!? :)

#20 ·
Pikester, the problem with my order is I saw an ad with a promo code for $4 for any face shield, immediately went to the website and tried using it to say it was expired. I emailed them, they said sorry that code is expired try using these other two codes they gave me but they wouldn't work on what I originally wanted, just two shields. The codes they gave me worked if I wanted to order 5 or more. So a few back and forth emails and they got it squared away.

It seems like a pretty new company. Over three days of frequenting their website the layout has changed twice and promo codes have changed too. I understand the struggle of running a webstore as I used to be an e-commerce manager. It ain't easy!

But they got my order shipped out same day and were good about communicating. I'm happy so far!

Will report back when I get the order.

Oh and which styles did you order Pikester?

We wouldn't want to be out on the water lookin like twins! haha

#22 ·
LOL!!!! Yeah, you wouldn't want to get mistaken for me!!!! :eek:

After you said you had problems with the code my wife went and did a google search for discount codes for the company, that's how I got the code I posted!

I got a couple of the psychedelic ones...Rave Face Shield, SA Purple Paisley, Colorado flag, fang face and the Mustache Face Shield(go figure huh!). ::)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.