Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Father's Day Fishing

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Dave M 
#1 · (Edited)
For father's day my wife wanted me to have a nice long fishing day. Since I have only fished the colo springs area I thought this would be a good chance to hit something a little further from home. I've read that people have good luck at Chatfield.

Any suggestions on locations?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Search the archives

You'll find posts that, with a little work, are relatively easy to figure out where people are catching. Another thing I like to do is go on Youtube and watch ice fishing videos of where people are at on certain bodies of water and then jump on Google maps and looks for points I can recognize from the vids.

Good luck.

#4 ·
I would hit 11 mile instead. Same distance as Chatty from the Springs but fishes better from shore. Chatfield is kinda of tough from shore for quality fish.

Plus father's day will be a Zoo at Chatty, 11 mile will be busy but not like Chatty.

#5 ·
Valid point. I guess I should have titled this "Where the hell should I go fishing for Father's Day?". Thanks for the advice. I have wanted to hit 11 mile too, so definitely not a bad option. Is there decent room to fly fish from shore? I don't mind wading up to my knees if need be, but I can't afford waders yet.

#19 ·
No joke. It was cooking up at 11 mile and no one was pulling anything out of the water. I could only go so far because I had my 5 year old with me. It's tough to move around with the little guy. We got skunked but had fun anyway. How was everyone's father's day?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.