Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Finally back in the saddle as it were

View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 12:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
andyrm66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotfly View Post
Sad story with a happy ending. When I moved to Colorado after retiring from my military career I had a 2000 Dodge Dakota. That beast took me everywhere I wanted to go to fish. Three years ago while at the Montrose County landfill their giant trash compactor backed into my truck and totaled it. I've been without a truck (due to taking care of some financial issues incurred by my kids) for three years. Finally pulled the trigger and bought a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT.

I know we all have different opinions on vehicles but that aside, I am just tickled pink that I can now get my pontoon and the rest of my fishing gear back into action. Looking forward to not having to fit my ice fishing gear into the back of my Honda Civic anymore. Looking forward to having enough space to take camping gear and setting up near some nice lakes and streams again. Nice knowing I have the ability to get back into some of the harder to get to fishing areas.

Feel like I can now become a totally functioning member of this site by providing actual fishing reports rather than having to live vicariously through others. I've felt like I haven't been pulling my weight by providing some meaningful fishing experiences and reports. Matter of fact, just yesterday I talked with one of my long time friends here in Montrose and we are planning a trip to Green River since we now have the capability to transport our camping gear, pontoons, and such.

Although I have only actually met only two or three of the folks here on the site (that I can think of) it would be nice to have the opportunity to join a few of you on some outings and enhance the knowledge curve on parts of this great state that I haven't yet been able to visit since I was a kid growing up in Aurora.
Good for you! Nice trucks for sure. I like the front end and headlights on the 16's. I bought a new 15 GMC in December - couldnt find a 6.2 with 8 speed and needed it for tax purposes otherwise Id be in a 16. Only thing that sucked is 16 they rolled the warranty back to 60k vs 100k on the 15's. Either way, trucks run for a long time.
andyrm66 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Forum Search
» Insurance