Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Az fisherman needs Colorado Help

3K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  Bionic Man 
#1 ·
So I'm an avid fisherman from AZ and im taking a short vacation to Colorado for some of your epic fishing. I'm flying into Colorado Springs and im working my way up to Arvada. I really want to catch some nice rainbows, at least one Brownie and some Northern Pike. Where should I go and what advice do you have? I really appreciate all advice. Thank you!

#6 ·
DallasdB I was hoping for some 2-3 pounders. We have rainbows here but there all small for the most part. Driving places is going to be a challenge because my rental is some sedan. Uncle was going to let me use he's jeep but it's broken and he's out of town. I don't mind driving though if I can get there.

#14 ·
11mile will be your best bet. get an ice auger because at this point the lake is probably halfway frozen now, and will definitely be frozen with a safe lid by this weekend after the arctic front thats forecasted to come through. good luck.

#8 ·
I can't help you with 2-3 lbers. I only manage to catch stockers!

Are you fly fishing, using spinning gear or trying to ice fish?

If you want to catch some nice fish and don't have the time to learn the waters you should really hire a guide.

Randy Ford, "Fordo" on the forum, should be able to help you out.

Check out Alpine Fishing Adventures http://fishdillon.com/

#9 ·
a sedan is all you need to get to 11 mile. the dream stream between 11 mile and spinny is gold metal water, fly and lures only and catch and release only. it holds big trout, some bows and a few browns, 11mile has lots of pike and great trout fishing. 11 mile might be ice covered soon. the river below 11 mile has some fly and lure water and some anything goes water. mostly smaller trout but a few big ones. go on line and get the state fishing regs and read up on this area

#17 ·
I've got winter driving experience. The gear I'm bringing includes a light action and medium action rods with shimano reels. I'm bringing a bunch of needlefish lures, crocodile lures, kastmasters, silver minnows, panther martins, frog lures, crank baits, size 12 and 14 treble hooks, mouse flys, chartreuse grubs, caster bubbles and some other assorted things. One reel has 6lb test mono but I'm using a 4lb floro leader. Other reel has 12lb test mono with 8lb floro leader. Second reel is for pike, walleye and carp. Fishing is the first step to becoming a hoarder.

#27 ·
I was in Phoenix in August, thought I died and went to hell.

Put on clothes, turn up the thermostat, put a log on the fire, look at the mountains, go to the mountains, see the trees not cacti. Easy to deal with for me, If I want sand I'll go to the beach!

Beach you say, brings back memories of when I lived in Redondo Beach Ca.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.