Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Personal Pontoon Boat

View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 04:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
carroth

Just my two cents others might disagree but for safety's sake I personally wouldn't run anything less than ten feet down a moderate river. Smaller boats can definitely make it but if you hit a decent size wave less than perfectly you could easily flip either sideways or backwards. Bigger tubes have greater weight capacity too which is important when you start adding up all the things that will inevitably make their way onto the boat (think cooler with a bunch of beer). I had a ten foot fishcat which was stolen but was the boat I learned to row rivers on and was great with oars and a trolling motor on small-medium sized lakes. Either way, any pontoon will be much more comfortable than any belly boat out there. I think the capacity on that boat was 450lbs. and I definitely got close to that a few times. The jackasses who stole my boat left the frame so I have an extra one that I'd sell for cheap if you found some 10-12' pontoons. Maxxon sells them seperately too. Good luck.
carroth is offline   Reply With Quote

» Forum Search
» Insurance