Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  McFlyAngler 
#1 ·
Trout, bass, pike and any other predatory freshwater fish will eat other fish. Small trout are on the meal list for common foods. Even trout will eat trout fry. This rainbow trout streamer will work great for many freshwater species. It moves nicely in the water, and has a bit of a jigging action.

These fish skull baitfish heads are awesome! They make building heads easier, and it hides any problems or issues that you have with your flies head and dubbing. It also pushes everything rearward and automatically creates a nice baitfish profile.

I caught a few smallmouth bass on this recently at my local lake. The fly swims really nicely, and the smallmouth were eating it up left and right. I also have caught a good sized brown on this fly recently as well.

Hook: Daiichi 2220 - Size 4
Thread: UTC Ultra thread - light olive
Tail: White marabou
Top Wing: Olive rabbit zonker
Body Wrap: Pearl estaz
Gill Accent: Pink arctic wind
Dubbing Head Top: Olive bull frog dubbing and olive starburst dubbing
Dubbing Head Bottom: White bull frog dubbing and pearl starburst dubbing
Head: Fish Skull Baitfish Head - Gold, Small/Medium
Adhesive: Fletch Tite
UV Resin: Solarez "Bone Dry"

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks Oyey. I don't know if I am all that good, I just like using my creative juices on these flies. HAHA Keeps my brain working still... HAHA Luckily for me, many of the flies I make actually catch fish. I always test them out before I make video's about tying them. If I catch a fish, I make a video on it. If not, then I don't... Ive had a few in the past just not catch, they looked cool, but just didnt seem to get the right action they wanted or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.