Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - New to High Country, Got Some Questions

View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 03:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
BlueJackets

Default New to High Country, Got Some Questions

Hey everyone!

Moved up here to Breckenridge a little less than a year ago from central Ohio. Spent last summer getting settled in and adjusting, now getting ready to hit the fish this year. Used to fish for bass regularly back home but I realize, without a day trip to Denver, Trout will be my new daily hunt. So with that in mind I've got a few questions!

1. I plan right now to use spinning equipment for all my fishing. It's the method i know and love. I've noticed especially in Summit that Fly seems to be the only game in town. Will i draw any ire from fellow fisherman for my choice on the stream?

2. Along those same lines I'd love to find a tackle shop better than Wal-Mart and closer than BPS. Anyone know of a place?

3. Would love to hear what you all like to use with a spinning outfit lure wise and maybe some good spots around Summit to start out when the ice thaws?
BlueJackets is offline   Reply With Quote

» Forum Search
» Insurance