Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

What's working for Bass?

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  pandes 
#1 ·
Fishing some new ponds this weekend and since I haven't been in awhile, what have you had success with for LMB lately?

I don't just post Memes... I actually do fish ;)

The ponds have shad so I was thinking of matching the hatch with a white Storm 360GT searchbait to start.

For the corner of the pond that all the crap gets blown into I was thinking of trying a frog.

Thoughts?

#6 ·
I agree with the above, I throw a lot of different options but I usually end up catching em on the old senko, I’ve been using the white and blue 5” which they can’t seem to resist. You’ll get a lot of blow ups on frogs, good luck setting the hook I’m still missing 5+ each trip on frogs. I fish between Boulder and Fort Collins to 25 that’s my grounds. Hop around, PM me if you want to swap some spots. There’s a group of us Large Mouth Hunters on here. Good Fishin’ !

#9 ·
The good ol' senko.

I've thrown a lot of different things at bass but the one that I always go back to is the senko!

What is your preferred method to rig it?

I like wacky rigged with a Gamakatsu Weedless Wacky hook.

You lose a lot of senkos when you get bit because the worm gets pushed up into the weed guard and falls off but you can throw that hook into some nasty cover, not get hung up and not drag a bunch of weeds.

#11 · (Edited)
Idk about ponds up north but I've been fishing Pueblo from shore this summer - There's literally no soft plastic I own that hasn't been eaten Trigged.

At the end of the day I'd say a weightless 5" green pumpkin senko (or knockoff) is tops. Definitely gets the job done on the toughest bites. All 3 black bass eat it consistently, though Smallys are the majority here FWIW.

#13 ·
Actually caught 10 smalls yesterday and Ronco got 6. Frog kasty and perch blade caught all. Coulda got many more on plastic but what's the fun in that? Preferred depth was 15-40 feet deep. In the foothills-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.