Colorado Fishing Forum - View Single Post - I'll be in Fraser (Grand Co.) at the end of the month and...

View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 11:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dave M

Quote:
Originally Posted by njangler View Post
Thanks for the input gentlemen but my only interest would be bass but I guess I'll have to settle for trout. We're catch and release on everything from 30" brown trout to 6+lb largemouth. We have all the pickerel, pike and muskie we need right here in NJ and I can pass on the toothie critters myself. Just last week while fishing for bass in 14 to 16 fow, after we caught five 24" pickerel, fat and thick in an hour in a local watershed (1st pic) I started to fish shallower to get away from them. They give a great fight on light tackle but you get cut off a lot too. (muskie pic)

Attachment 30897 Attachment 30899
nearest bass lake from there would be in the front range about an hour east. lots of options out there, one ill throw out is chatfield.
hit up shawn rogers on facebook if you want a guided trip on some decent smallies.
if you still want mountain style fishing.... hit up bernie keefei's page "fishing with bernie" on facebook if you want to catch huge lakers in granby. if you still have a boner for bass, drive 2 hours west over rabbit ears pass, past steamboat springs to elkhead lake. theres a few pigs in there and pike as well, although everyone likes killing the fish there for stupid reasons. but other than that, all youll have for decent fish is lake trout in grand county. at least they get big out that way.

#thorntonscumbags
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote

» Forum Search
» Insurance