Fishing Report or Bragging Board? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2017, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fishing Report or Bragging Board?

I visit this site regularly. It seems to me that some of the posts on the Fishing Report would be better served on the Bragging Board. Perhaps the Bragging Board should be a separate topic. To me, a fishing report not only tells what was caught and how, but also the location. The Bragging Board shows some of the amazing fish caught but little else, unless the author wishes to tell more. What do you think?
21483 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2017, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshin View Post
I visit this site regularly. It seems to me that some of the posts on the Fishing Report would be better served on the Bragging Board. Perhaps the Bragging Board should be a separate topic. To me, a fishing report not only tells what was caught and how, but also the location. The Bragging Board shows some of the amazing fish caught but little else, unless the author wishes to tell more. What do you think?
Hello there, thanks for the suggestion.

I will have to confirm with the mods and admins and see if they will be alright with this decision.
If anyone else in the community thinks this is a good idea. Please put some input in this thread!

Best regards,

Ed
modadmin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2017, 03:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

I just look at "new posts" - either on my computer or on tapatalk. The category makes no difference to me.
Bionic Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2017, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Just dilutes the forum more than it already is. Not like there are a ton of reports/bragging posts that you spend much time looking through anyway.

Besides my requirement for something to be considered a report is much less than what's listed above. Lmao
Old 11-23-2017, 03:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic Man View Post
I just look at "new posts" - either on my computer or on tapatalk. The category makes no difference to me.
I guess this is true for me as well. So now that I really think about it...I guess that would mean I actually don't care lol
Old 11-23-2017, 03:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

I get not sharing location. I know that people have given locations and suddenly there are 10 billion people crowding the area. But you're right about the rest of it. Just showing off the fish you caught is not a report. How about a little information on fishing technique or water depth or something.

We actually did have a bragging board at one time and that's where most of the reports I see probably belong...I know a lot of people think "Who cares?" but I usually look for information on how to improve my skills but I vary rarely find it.

Good things come to those who wade...
onefishinfool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2017, 03:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

I agree that some info on the technique used would be interesting and useful, but if you try to enforce it the site becomes no fun anymore. And if you require the location the posts would stop.
kastmisser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2017, 05:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

If you want locations join FishExploiter. Plenty of people there willing to give you the farm. What sets this place apart from that zoo is no silly self pronounce titles like "lake skipper" and points for invalid lake reports.

Most info shared here goes on behind the scenes once people get to know each other a little better. Plenty of knowledge gets shared when the questions are posed in the right format.

I have had the privilege/pleasure of meeting and fishing with quite a few people on here who are more than willing to help people.

How/where things are posted really doesn't affect me. If I am looking for information about a certain lake or technique that is working its not hard to look up in the archives or PM someone who has been around here for a while.

This place has become quite boring due to the "rules". It used to be a great place to have some friendly banter.... Now I just look at it to see who is still alive and fishin'
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2017, 06:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Well my last "report" showed some background and a walleye with a blade in its mouth. What else do you want?

Have u ever posted any "reports"?

Last edited by TthePikester; 11-23-2017 at 08:00 PM.
slayerfish is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2017, 08:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerfish View Post
Well my last "report" showed some background and a walleye with a blade in its mouth. What else do you want?

Have u ever posted any "reports"?
Well - since that felt like it was aimed at me I'll reply. I have posted several reports, although since I don't fish as much as I used to I don't post as many as I used to. And on the majority of them I have posted what I was fishing with and conditions as much as I can. I usually hope to help someone else get into fish if I can. That used to be what this board was all about...

Like I said - I have no problem with people keeping a spot secret. I suspect if I had my own secret spot I'd want to protect it. I get that. Sorry I seem to have pissed you off - wasn't my intention. I was just trying to give my opinion.

Good things come to those who wade...
onefishinfool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in