Why The Same Ole Song And Dance? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Cool Why The Same Ole Song And Dance?

First off Iím not trying to start an argument or bash anybody.

I personally donít come here to argue or be rude. I come here for fun, as a time killer and maybe learn something about fishing or other things. There are some good threads about varying topics that contain useful information.
I enjoy the site but not the crudeness sometimes.

I donít understand why people on here have to be rude, a smartass or crude. I bet youíre not like that with family, friends or coworkers. Maybe you are.

Itís what I will call ďkeyboard securityĒ. Itís easy to talk shit on the net, not so easy face to face.

It reminds me of grade school play ground antics, mud slinging and name calling that minors indulge in.

Donít get me wrong I could be a rude smart ass; I see no point of being that way. Iím sure some of you feel itís all just in fun but to me the fun stops when it gets personal.

You canít get along with everyone all the time so mud slinging is bound to happen. The net makes it easy to indulge in this. If this is your cup of tea you have that right.

I think there are a lot of nice people on this site and some who just want to stir the pot. I donít have a problem with stirring the pot but you could stir it with a well thought out comment instead of a childish, rude or crude one.

Maybe Iím way off base considering this is the net and pretty much anything goes. If some of the behavior on here happened in public (say a bar) I hope you have insurance.

My II Cents

Use your head for more than a hat rack
The older I get, the better I was.
snagged up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Where to start....
I think in general, most dudes mean well on this site. I agree there's a bunch of rudeness, but what do you expect? It's a bunch of dudes talking about fishing (sometimes).

There's a lot of wang swinging, and rod measuring...but overall there's some great guys with a TON of knowledge here. That's why I keep coming back. I learn some, and laugh some. Mostly just sit back and watch the show.

I don't post reports here anymore because it's useless -- nobody cares unless it's a report about a 30"+ laker, and I don't catch many of those.

I'm over on Iceshanty for my winter reports.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

Well , the first step is to jump in the shower and aim the head on your vagine, then turn up the water to full blast and hope you get all the sand out.
golden rod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 10:44 AM   #4 (permalink)

Why take the internet so seriously? Is it really that personal of an attack if it happens on the internet?
Old 02-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

I had a discussion with a coworker the other day about the disconnect social media produces, a sort of synthetic culture. To be 100% honest I watch what I say on cf and I'm basically on my best behavior on the site compared to how I prolly talk in real life. The main reason for that is so much of what something means is not what is said, but how it's said. I usually try to keep that in mind when posting, that and also the fact that the information posted here is here to stay. Even deleted posts are here and can be retrieved by moderators. Which is sort of the equivalent of being on video while talking.

Last edited by JWurgaft; 02-05-2014 at 11:12 AM.
JWurgaft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #6 (permalink)

Which that's the way I think about the forum, but still all things considered I'm sure I've had my moments of jackassness on here and I may have offended a few people here and there. In all reality the shit talking here on cf pails in comparison to the subject matter and language I'm used to hearing at job sites, at workn or drinking beer or whiskie with friends, and I attribute a lot of the lack of offense people normally take to the fact in real life human interaction is based on much more than than just the exact definition of words exchanged. ,
Old 02-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

Which that's just my two cents, doesn't fully explain the question I guess.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to r1f1eman Send a message via Skype™ to r1f1eman

So far CF reminds me of the early days of CB radio, once it got away from being policed, so far as being licensed, common curtsy, went out the window, and became a no holds bard environment, with things one would not say to someone in person, let alone in mixed company.
r1f1eman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2014, 12:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

One thing I will say is I'd much rather be a part of gutter putged forum with trash talk than be on an overly sensored bs site like fx where the mods will change your posts to mean something entirely different than you said in the first place.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

It gets over the top here at times, but I've learned a whole gang of stuff and really it's just a bunch of guys talking crap to each other like guys do.

Much rather have this than fish exploder and the censorship.

I'll admit it can be a bit shocking at first however.
pistoldog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in