Binge Fishing - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2014, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Binge Fishing

Last summer I was out at my favorite fishing/camping spot in colorado.

It was a Friday night and I had just got my fifth wheel dropped and had began getting my catfish rig set up for some shore fishing when the ranger stopped and did his normal routine with me.

I asked how the fishing had been of late. He replied "Slow." He pointed at a boat on the lake and said "those boys have been out since Wednesday afternoon and have only landed six." I asked "have they been night fishing or day fishing?" He said "both, they've been on the water since Wednesday, docked a few times to swap batteries and then got right back to it."

I was impressed and was just curious if that is the norm for any of you? What's the longest period of time you guys have stayed out on a Colorado lake?
KTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2014, 10:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

Only 6 fish in 3 days on the water, Those Must have been good fish!
Old 05-15-2014, 10:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvinson View Post
Only 6 fish in 3 days on the water, Those Must have been good fish!
Yes, I was also very impressed by their patience as well as their dedication!
KTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

I usually don't stay out all night, but its not uncommon for me to fish 14-16 hour days especially when im at lake mac(technically not Colorado lake). I like to get out early sunrise then fish til 9 or 10 oclock at night. Pack a sandwhich for lunch and your good to go!! I only have a couple people I fish with that could stay out all day with me, and if you don't keep them well fed they will want to go in, where as with me if I forgot my lunch for the day that sucks im out there to fish
bobys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2014, 05:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

When I actually have a stretch of time to fish, I binge fish, for sure. When we used to go up near Rabbit Ears to our brookie lake, we would camp for two nights. I would fish all day, part of the night, and sleep in my raft.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opry99er View Post
When I actually have a stretch of time to fish, I binge fish, for sure. When we used to go up near Rabbit Ears to our brookie lake, we would camp for two nights. I would fish all day, part of the night, and sleep in my raft.
LMAO I can see you doing that.

And just wait till wild son there gets a touch older ha ha ha ha

pistoldog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobys View Post
I usually don't stay out all night, but its not uncommon for me to fish 14-16 hour days especially when im at lake mac(technically not Colorado lake). I like to get out early sunrise then fish til 9 or 10 oclock at night. Pack a sandwhich for lunch and your good to go!! I only have a couple people I fish with that could stay out all day with me, and if you don't keep them well fed they will want to go in, where as with me if I forgot my lunch for the day that sucks im out there to fish
Wow, I eat like every 3 hours, my tape worms would be very angry hangin out w/ you
Old 05-16-2014, 11:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

My tapeworms have slowed down. Much to the consternation of my mid-section
pistoldog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchn View Post
Wow, I eat like every 3 hours, my tape worms would be very angry hangin out w/ you

Hahaha that's just how my good friend is, he loves to fish just as much as me he just can't deal with the hunger! I get hungry for like 30 minutes smoke a couple cigs, and then It the hunger goes away Or I catch a fish and that makes me forget Im hungry for about an hour. If the fish are biting all day though I don't even think about food! Until the dead time in the middle of the afternoon and I realize i forgot my sandwhich......I guess I usually have a bag of chips on board too I'll munch on those during the day. The plus side of not eating all day is when you get home you only need a couple beers for a buzz
bobys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in