Canoe Registration?? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2014, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Canoe Registration??

Ok, went down to 11 mile yesterday with the canoe, have had this thing for at least 5 years and mostly fish Jefferson with it, but I went into the park office to buy an annual parks pass, and the lady selling me the pass told me I needed to write my name and full address on the canoe so it's visible above water level. The wife about flipped out, and I just said I'd do it later, but the lady said it's in the "rule" book that it needs to be on there. I mean for Christs sake, its just a canoe, and I don't want my personal information visible to everyone... The lady was also one of the most un-freindly park workers I have ever met.

Has anyone ever heard of the rule about the address on a canoe before??

BTW, no fish either...
pilotjones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2014, 10:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

I don't think the name has to be visible by others. I think its more for when they find your boat without you in it. I wrote my name on duck tape and put on the inside of the kayak. You are also supposed to have a whistle on your pfd that you are supposed to wear.

How to catch and release trophy fish: https://www.coloradofisherman.com/for...fish-must.html
lvrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2014, 08:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to earplug Send a message via Yahoo to earplug

I had the same experience last year, I used a old business card sealed with tape and secured around the seat frame.
I looked up the state regulation.
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2014, 08:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have a different opinion of having my name and address in my canoe. On another fishing forum, sometime not too long ago, someone reported finding one floating free and wondered if it belonged to someone on the site. When a canoe or boat is found adrift, the authorities can trace the ownership and determined if a search for that party should be made. I made an engraved tag for mine and included my cell phone number. By the way my name and address is not secret, I can prove it by all the junk mail I get.
beebuzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

another seasonal employee full of knowledge.... now i want to take my canoe up.... ive NEVER heard that but we have so many rules in co, im amazed we can "look" at the mtns....
tl1000r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in