chatfield help - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2014, 12:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default chatfield help

Me and a friend are going to chatfield for the first time tomorrow looking for bass. Wondering what are the best places from shore and what everyone's using. Any help would be great.
bwilloughby11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2014, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

This is just my two cents but if I was you, I would forget about bass and go for walleye. For walleye, get there at sundown and walk down the dam a bit. (Past the tower)Make sure you bring a flashlight. X-raps, rat l traps, swim baits etc will work. I usually use the big x raps. Straight retrieve worked fine for me but it's good to switch it up, too. Watch out for snags though cuz it's a super snaggy area. As my lure gets closer, I slowly lift up my rod tip to prevent such a thing. It still happens and I usually spend a good amount of time untangling my shit. I have had decent luck for smallmouth in that big cove that's past the marina towards the right side of the dam.(forgot what it's called) also, try by the launch ramps and dock at the very left side of the damn. That parking spot right there is the best spot to park if you're going to walk down the dam.

Last edited by whompuscat658; 06-15-2014 at 04:49 PM.
whompuscat658 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in