Goodies - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2014, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Goodies

Got some new goodies to try out tonight at Chatfield for bass/walleye. I'll let you know how it goes...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (216.6 KB, 73 views)
whompuscat658 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2014, 09:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Anyone ever try the clackin rap for walleye?
Old 06-26-2014, 05:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
P I K E

They suck...wouldn't waste my money on'em!!!
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2014, 08:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

I've caught a couple bass on them but I switched the ewg treble because fish straighten them
bass star is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Think I may have ran into you last night at chatfield around 130am on the dam. Asked a guy if he had any luck and said he caught like 6 walleye and showed me those storm swimbaits. We had no luck on the dam, walked past the bridge and threw some jigs, xraps, and leeches with no luck, kept on getting snagged on the damn rocks. Caught probably 6 smallies and 1 huge rainbow on the rocks behind the inspection checkpoint at the marina though.
dankuhh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankuhh View Post
Think I may have ran into you last night at chatfield around 130am on the dam. Asked a guy if he had any luck and said he caught like 6 walleye and showed me those storm swimbaits. We had no luck on the dam, walked past the bridge and threw some jigs, xraps, and leeches with no luck, kept on getting snagged on the damn rocks. Caught probably 6 smallies and 1 huge rainbow on the rocks behind the inspection checkpoint at the marina though.
Haha yup that's me! Ya you gotta be careful with the snags. That's why I stopped using expensive shit there. To prevent as many snags as possible, I started my retrieves as soon as my bait hit the water and it worked. I'm going back tonight. The walleye are a lotta fun when you get into em.

Last edited by whompuscat658; 06-26-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah man shit was ridiculous. I probably lost $20 worth of gear last night. We might be heading back up again too. Well probably try the rocky shoreline behind the inspection point again at least at first. Do you know if the depth is deep enough there for the eyes or if were just somehow missing them?
dankuhh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankuhh View Post
Yeah man shit was ridiculous. I probably lost $20 worth of gear last night. We might be heading back up again too. Well probably try the rocky shoreline behind the inspection point again at least at first. Do you know if the depth is deep enough there for the eyes or if were just somehow missing them?
I was catching eyes in less than 6ft of water, some less than two or three. During the summer time they go deep during the day cuz they like cold water. At night, they come up to the shallow water along the banks in search for food. That cove is deep enough but I think you'd wanna move further out along the dam towards the deeper water where they'd be coming out of. It's not so much that you wanna fish deeper water but you wanna fish water that's closer to the deeper water. Does that make sense? Lol. Pick up some storms they worked awesome. They hardly get snagged and when they do they pull right out. Ya I've had days where I lost two or three xraps and I realized I had to figure out something else.

Last edited by whompuscat658; 06-26-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

A lot of my hits were forty to fifty feet from shore but I had a couple that were right next to shore just a few feet in front if me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in