Williams Fork Tips.... - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2006, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Williams Fork Tips....

Going to Williams Fork this weekend. Any tips? The friend I'm going with wants to catch pike. I wouldn't mind catching some lakers. Some folks have told us to use sucker meat deep or on the bottom, or to troll a pink taz devil.

Advertisement

Old 10-05-2006, 04:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mr. Ed

Default Re: Williams Fork Tips....

The popular spot for the pike is on the south side of the lake around the flats or at the inlet (if it hasn't been roped off yet). Try the pink tasmanian devil as well as a rapala (J-13)? in blue silver and orange belly - not a deep diver though (you'll probably loose it). When I was there a couple weeks ago, fish were anywhere from 6 to 4 feet deep though given the coolness of the weather, that may have changed.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2006, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have one favorite spot at Williams Fork. *The big cove on the west side of the lake. *I caught Brown, Bows, Kokes, Lakers, and Pike in there all off of Mepps spinners. *Black and White, Silver, Rainbow, and Gold depending on the time of year and fish you are after. I stick to using the #4 or the #5, these fish like big spinners especially this time of year. *If it is Pike you are after either hit the fingers on the west side or the far west side of the inlet.(next to the tree's) *And to finish it off if you find structure you'll find fish. *This lake in case you didn't already know this is prone to having huge wind gusts and it can get pretty nasty on the water, so go early if your in a boat. *Good Luck
catfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2006, 05:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed
The popular spot for the pike is on the south side of the lake around the flats or at the inlet (if it hasn't been roped off yet).*
Stick to the SW coves. The inlet area is off limits between September 15 and November 15 for koke spawning.

D-Moe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2006, 02:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the tips! I'll post a report when I get back to let you know how it went. Thanks also for the wind tip. We're planning to be on at 6:15, and off at 9.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the tips. We were on and off at the planned times. It was REALLY foggy to start, but it cleared up nicely.

Taz Devils in flourescent pink was the only lure that worked for us. The trout were the only fish after them. No luck with pike, and we were too lazy to get a sucker before we took off so no lakers. Trolled various cranks around for a while in addition to the Taz Devils. Caught four decent sized rainbows, all around 14-16 inches.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in