Pueblo Crappie?? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 07:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bout-time
Default Pueblo Crappie??

I know there has to be Crappie in this lake but where are they in mass. I have seen some bluegills and what might be red ears under the north marina. However have not seen any Crappie in that lake. I would like to know if someone can give me a couple areas to try in that lake for them.

I have noticed all the way up the north side there are some trees poking out of the water but not pulling any fish out of there yet. Seeing them on fish finder but unable to figure out what they are as of yet. Not takeing Bass or Crappie lures nor the daughters worm, minnow on bobber.

Still hunting for Walleye as well but Im one of those guys that goes from spot to spot trying to pick up bites. Dont really sit in an area for an extended period of time if I am not picking up bites.

Bout-Time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Pueblo Crappie??

I have seen people catching them around the boat docks.
McFish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2006, 06:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

The low water the past 5 yrs has really hurt the crappie numbers. I remember you used to be able to go up in Turkey Creek cove and catch all you wanted in early spring. With a little higher water this year the numbers should be rebounding somewhat-I'd concentrate on the west end.

Advice. Wise men don't need it, fools won't heed it.
kirbydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2006, 07:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

25 years ago I used to fish Pueblo for nothing but crappie and bass. We used to park on the dirt road south of Peck Creek Cove and hike in with minnows and float tubes. The crappie fishing in the trees there was awesome. Since then the crappie numbers have gone down due to the fluctuating water levels and drought. I still occasionally drag one up but is by accident instead of intent. I think Mike Hardin knows where they hang out. Other than that, Kirby has it right, try in the spring around the trees in the west end.
setthehook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in