stanly lake myth - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2006, 09:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default stanly lake myth

i have lived in arvada most of my life. i have heard through out the years that stanly lake has enough radio active crap at the bottom to make 2 nucular bombs. it would make sense seems how it is so close to rocky flats. however, there are other res. that are just as close if not closer to rocky flats. if anyone would have any info about this to disclaim it or prove it please post it.

Old 10-29-2006, 09:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
laker taker

Default Re: stanly lake myth

I don't have the article anymore but a few years ago Westword newspaper did a great investigative report on Rocky Flats contamination in the surrounding areas. If you can find the article it would give you the stuff your looking for.

Also, I lived a short time in Westminster after my divorce 11 years ago. I was into freshwater aquariums at the time (Discus and Angels). The city water which came from Stanley Lake was so full of nitrates that it killed all fish within a day. Nitrates are essentially dead organic material. I can offer no proof of the source of the nitrates and whether it was harmful to humans, but I emmediately installed a water purifier. That story is proof of nothing so please don't take it as a statement of fact or proof,,,, it's just my story.*

http://www.epa.gov/safewater/contami.../nitrates.html

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2006, 09:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

i do know that they used to dispose it by shooting the waste into the ground. how far i dont know. but i can't help to wonder how much of the lake is contaminated. has there been any problems with reprduction of fish in the lake?

Old 10-29-2006, 09:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

arvada res is i think closer. but i have never heard of anything bad in there. just stanley lake
Old 10-29-2006, 09:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

THATS A DRINKING SUPPLY LAKE
Old 10-29-2006, 10:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have been wondering why I was getting so strong, and having extra testostone. I thought it was Wheaties. My wife made me stop eating the stuff. Let's keep this a secret!

It is great to live in Westminster!!

FB
fishbum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2006, 11:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

i was in total wow when they said i couldnt float tube the lake.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

This is a VERY touchy subject, so I'll apologize ahead of time if I offend anyone.

Yes, there is detectable "radio active crap" in the sediment in Stanley Lake.* You can google it and see for yourself.* I have no idea how much there is, nor how much is bad for you.

No, there probably isn't enough to make a "nuke".* The crap used at Rocky Flats was used to make triggers, which are softball-sized spheres that go critical and cause a chain reaction with the fissile material inside, which consists of a different type of radioactive crap.* The mass of a trigger is much smaller than the mass of the fissile material.

I purposely omitted the name of the radio active crap so as to avoid a visit from the Patriot Act folks.

Free speech is (was?) a beautiful thing.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Stuff in Stanley Lake is tritium... The 'triggers’ made at Rocky Flats were made of plutonium, were hardball size, and weighed about or less than 15 pounds.* They were made in two half spheres with a hole in the center, which was injected with a gas I won’t name for enhancement for the fission.* They were encased in uranium and beryllium spheres, with I believe boron, which were surrounded with explosives to cause the fission.* There is a lot of technical stuff to even begin to make the idea valid, so no worries of sending out info.* Beryllium and the uranium were also worked there.

Army published a manual for troops back in the 50’s and 60’s about the making of the weapons.* Descriptions and drawings of crude weapons included.

Tritium is not particularly harmful in the amounts in Lake Stanley, and in any case is ‘trapped’ in the sediment… at least that is the story put out there for us.* Depending on your water source, you may be getting the water (without the tritium) today.

Not worried about the Patriot Act folks, it is all common knowledge on the web anyway… and if they want to contact me, it would be a break from the boring moments in life.* Rocky Flats has/had a site explaining it… haven’t been there in a couple years, but pretty sure it is still up.* Google for it if interested.

My reason for the response is to say NOT to worry.* Been there since the 60’s at least, and cleared by the feds as ok.*
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2006, 09:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
laker taker

Pappy seems to know too much about nukes. If he stops posting on the site we'll have to assume that the spooks (men in dark suits) got to him.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in