Wader repair - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2014, 09:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Wader repair

So I have a holein my waders. Last time I got in the water I was wet and freezing. I bought aqua seal and am now trying to figure out how to do the repair. I was told the easiest way to check where the hole is is to spray the inside with rubbing alcohol and then the hole will show through. But, I put my waders in the bathtub and filled em up just to see of that worked and I couldn't really identify any specific holes but there seemed to be water coming through the seam. Would it be a bad idea to just aquaseal the whole seam just in case? Is there a better way to find out where the hole is? I'd like to have my waders ready for going to granby this Saturday so I can tube

Last edited by whompuscat658; 10-29-2014 at 09:55 PM.
whompuscat658 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2014, 06:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Did you turn the waders inside out , then fill them up with water?

S. Sadil
CF LURKER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2014, 08:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

If they are Simms, the last I knew, if you attempt a self-repair on a seam it will void the warranty.
clark salmo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2014, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

You could also turn them inside out and shine a flash light in them with the lights off, may work without turning them inside out. It won't hurt to put some on the seams just in case, I did the same thing earlier this season. I didn't have faith in aqua seal the first time I used it and have since been proved wrong! Great stuff
bobys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2014, 10:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Another product that works great for wader repair is Vyna Bond. It comes in 12 OZ cans with a brush applicator. It is used for raft repair and attaching d ring patches to rafts etc. It is similar to rubber cement. I tore a fist sized whole in my waders on a piece of metal. Went home and cannabalized a old rain jacket for patch material. Glued that down and it worked perfect. Still had a bunch of pinhole leaks on the ass and seams. So I painted the stuff onto the ass and seams and was able to get a 5th year out of the cheap cabelas waders I had.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have been wanting to try that Flex Seal stuff after seeing their commercial too many times.

My Youtube Page with my Fishing Videos --> http://www.youtube.com/user/troutah?feature=mhee
im trout of here is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in