Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

End of the year

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  scorpion_bsk 
#1 ·
We are coming to the end of the year and I was wondering how every one did this year? Was it a good year of fishing? What were your highlights? What did you learn?
This year has been perfect for me, I met and spoke to a ton of people from the forum and many of you gave me information that would have taken me years to think of myself and I thank all you for that.
I learned many new techniques this year and improved my overall technique such as drop shooting, topwater etc. I also learned some thing I never thought I would be good at NYMPHING. My highlight this year has to be Fly fishing in Baja Mexico, catching dorado, tuna, sailfish, marlin and many others on a fly rod is something every one needs to do at least once.
I hope every one else had a good year and a Happy holiday and good luck to all you in the new year.

G
#3 ·
This was a great year (as every year of fishing is). Some highlights include catching walleye, wiper, and catfish with Lew out at Lake Mac and following it up later in the summer with some kokes, lakers, and pike at Green Mountain and Williams Fork. I also had a ton of fun catching Kokes out of Green Mountain and Macs out at Granby with Tal0362 and QuickRelease this fall and learning their techniques for Granby.

In 2007, the plan is to make it a better year. Already planning another big trip with Lew to Lake Mac and a big trip to Powell in May. Hopefully the beginning of the year will start on the ice but it's looking like it may start at home with the snowblower :mad:

G
#7 ·
Probably my best year to date. I caught more muskies this year than any in the past. Got my lagest tiger in Colo. this year, my largest pike in Colo. this year, and my largest true muskie this year. I got the chance to fish some new bodies of water , near and far. I tried some new approaches but none of those netted the big ones, but that won't stop me from trying some new stuff next year.

I also met some good people this year through the forum, looking forward to 07' hope not to forget what I learned this year.

I wish everyone the best for the new year. Lots of time on the water.

Tight lines and good luck!

Greg

#9 ·
Had a good year all around...got to fish some good places..Fished the Fork for the first time last Spring Break...Landed a pike for the first time in a decade...Not too big but a nice fight on the open water in Taylor Reservoir!...Goal is to ice some decent Pike this year...Heading to Rifle Gap and Stagecoach to accomplish goal! ;D

#10 ·
Walleye fishing was awesome at Bonnie this year, although we only fished it for three days.

I hate the finicky fish in Cheeseman Canyon, but will probably sacrifice a few spring days trying to reconcile with the fish gods down there.

Beaver pond brookies were very cool with my son, I just need to bring more bait and bigger bobbers so he can cast beyond the weeds.

I want to learn to fish Blue Mesa this year. We camped three times over there and never fished the main reservoir from a boat -- gotta figure out the Kokes over by Soap Creek.

11-Mile has been very good to us this year, but need to turn the corner and land the big one instead of busting them off. Lost three this year so far that would have been wall mounts.

Hopefully I'll try the Arkansas during the Mothers Day caddis hatch.

I am thankful to the great people I've met on this forum ... just gotta convert those misguided folks who worship the Cornhuskers. ;)

#11 ·
Got back into some serious fishing again @ end of Sept. bought a new fishing boat(1660T lund classic) Fished the Chatfield Oct. 1 tourny placed 18th. wasn't really doing that good until I tuned into the forum. By reading and asking Questions I have gotten a lot of help! My first big hit came at the end of Nov. with a 6lb.11oz 27.75in walleye I caught with the help of fishing techniques from the forum. Then I fished 11mile @ the get together (only twice there in my life) and caught spawning kokes also met Rad there. Fished Jefferson with littlemac went on a sled for the very first time and caught some macks great fun! Fished Granby for the second time in my life and I already have more knowledge than if I fished it for years by myself. And this only gives me a little over a month on the forum, can't wait until next year!

#13 ·
I caught a lot of pike over 10 lbs this year, more than ever before. I do not know the exact number, but I would guess around 15 went over 10# for me. My highlight was a 44" on the yampa with several 30" and losing one over 50" in the span of maybe an hr in the same hole.
I had a horrible year for trout up until the past couple of weeks, and I've been getting lots of them between 16 and 20" at rifle gap oddly enough. I guess my horrible year for trout was because I was fishing for pike all the time. hahaha.

#14 ·
I have to admit i didn't have as much time to fish this year. I did fish quiet a bit in the spring though and I did very good. I really slammed the Spot at Pueblo on their beds. That was a lot of fun. I also got to fish with Kodiak and he showed me a lot at Pueblo. Hoping to get to gether with him again this year. Smallmouth fishing was off the charts in May. I have never caught so many smallies in my life. After that I only went fishing a handful of times. I still had a great year. I plan on hitting Brush Hollow in March this year. Maybe I can get into those Crappie. ;D

#15 ·
I had a great year this year.  Caught a lot of nice fish and fished a lot of new lakes like Jackson and Sterling just to name a few.  Enjoyed fishing with Mr. Ed, Buster, and Hatchmaster up in the mountains going after them pike and kokes.  Caught almost all the species on my list except Mountain Whitefish and Grayling.  Caught a ton of walleyes and catfish and had some big fish frys this last summer.  All in all it was a heck of a year.

Also finally got my wife out ice fishing after being together 11 years. Took both my sons for their fist ice fishing trips this year as well.

#16 ·
This year sucked for me when it came to fishing! :( But that is because, first I got a 1982 H-D Sportster, then I got my new Thunder Mountain Custom Built Harley and I spent the whole year riding!! >:D 8) This next year I'll settle down a bit and get back to fishing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.