End of the year - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2006, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default End of the year

We are coming to the end of the year and I was wondering how every one did this year? Was it a good year of fishing? What were your highlights? What did you learn?
This year has been perfect for me, I met and spoke to a ton of people from the forum and many of you gave me information that would have taken me years to think of myself and I thank all you for that.
I learned many new techniques this year and improved my overall technique such as drop shooting, topwater etc. I also learned some thing I never thought I would be good at NYMPHING. My highlight this year has to be Fly fishing in Baja Mexico, catching dorado, tuna, sailfish, marlin and many others on a fly rod is something every one needs to do at least once.
I hope every one else had a good year and a Happy holiday and good luck to all you in the new year.
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2006, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: End of the year

Don't forget to buy new licenses, permits, boat registration and passes for 2007.
COLD CASE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2006, 07:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mr. Ed

This was a great year (as every year of fishing is). Some highlights include catching walleye, wiper, and catfish with Lew out at Lake Mac and following it up later in the summer with some kokes, lakers, and pike at Green Mountain and Williams Fork. I also had a ton of fun catching Kokes out of Green Mountain and Macs out at Granby with Tal0362 and QuickRelease this fall and learning their techniques for Granby.

In 2007, the plan is to make it a better year. Already planning another big trip with Lew to Lake Mac and a big trip to Powell in May. Hopefully the beginning of the year will start on the ice but it's looking like it may start at home with the snowblower
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2006, 08:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

I had a good year fishing bought my first boat also caught my first 36 inch pike this year also bagged my first smallmouth. This up coming year hope to catchsome wipers and walleyes and get better at fineese jigging.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

this year wasn't as good as last year for fishing on pueblo for me, however it was great to meet some of the forum members, and fish with some new friends. here's hopeing that i meet more of you in the new year, and we can git together to fish.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

This has been my best year on the water but I only fished once or twice a year before I got the bug. Also found the forum which has been great and taught me alot, maybe next year I can fish with more people from the forum!
Jvasquez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2006, 09:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
dogbreath

Probably my best year to date. I caught more muskies this year than any in the past. Got my lagest tiger in Colo. this year, my largest pike in Colo. this year, and my largest true muskie this year. I got the chance to fish some new bodies of water , near and far. I tried some new approaches but none of those netted the big ones, but that won't stop me from trying some new stuff next year.

I also met some good people this year through the forum, looking forward to 07' hope not to forget what I learned this year.

I wish everyone the best for the new year. Lots of time on the water.

Tight lines and good luck!

Greg

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2006, 11:18 AM   #8 (permalink)

Sounds like a lot of you are had good years for pike and the elusive muskys. I caught my first pike this year nothing to big around 20 inches but still no musky maybe next year.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

Had a good year all around...got to fish some good places..Fished the Fork for the first time last Spring Break...Landed a pike for the first time in a decade...Not too big but a nice fight on the open water in Taylor Reservoir!...Goal is to ice some decent Pike this year...Heading to Rifle Gap and Stagecoach to accomplish goal!
Old 12-29-2006, 09:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Walleye fishing was awesome at Bonnie this year, although we only fished it for three days.

I hate the finicky fish in Cheeseman Canyon, but will probably sacrifice a few spring days trying to reconcile with the fish gods down there.

Beaver pond brookies were very cool with my son, I just need to bring more bait and bigger bobbers so he can cast beyond the weeds.

I want to learn to fish Blue Mesa this year. We camped three times over there and never fished the main reservoir from a boat -- gotta figure out the Kokes over by Soap Creek.

11-Mile has been very good to us this year, but need to turn the corner and land the big one instead of busting them off. Lost three this year so far that would have been wall mounts.

Hopefully I'll try the Arkansas during the Mothers Day caddis hatch.

I am thankful to the great people I've met on this forum ... just gotta convert those misguided folks who worship the Cornhuskers.

Jeff

"Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend all of his money on tackle, teach his children to be responsible conservationists, and most likely have a huge honey-do list at the end of the day."
ColoAngler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in