Antero Opened? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Antero Opened?

Ok, so it has been a few days since I have really been on the forum. Busy at work and home. But, I recently picked up the new Fishing and Hunting News mag and it had a report of Antero. Said anglers have been catching trout in 12-15 fow. So I guess it has reopened? Has anyone else heard of this or fished it recently. I have not seen any recent reports.
CaptHook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2007, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Antero Opened?

Slayer posted a report a while back and said it was from Antero. Thought he was jerkin' our chain... mebee not... .
Old 01-09-2007, 08:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ya, I saw the write up in the mag and thought it was strange. It was just a small article and did'nt say anything about it reopening after so long or anything. I was wondering if maybe it was a missprint. I figured there would have been alot of talk about it on the forum by now. Maybe everyone that has been is just trying to keep it to themselves that it has opened.
CaptHook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2007, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

at last report it is NOT open and wont be until spring, there has been no mention of it being open on the CDOW site. before i would go there i would call the CDOW and find out for sure, and it should be reported to them about the article
Old 01-10-2007, 12:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have noticed that Fishing and Hunting News will sometimes have some blatent misstatements of the facts. I blasted them via e-mail to the mag last year for grossly erroneous info about the cost of passes at Aurora Reservior. Unlike our local newspapers, F&H News prefers not to fess up and note the corrections.
wpcampb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2007, 06:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

that mag has really gone downhill in the last year and a half, guys complain about the reports on here? the reports in there are just reports that guys have called fishing stores around the area,and they for the most part haven't even fished them, you read one report and it looks like the one on the other page, and sometimes you'll have like 3 different reports on the same place. it's pretty much worthless, i just like it for the pics. but i didn't renew my subscription this year.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
P I K E

* * *Has anyone else besides me noticed that whenever we have a really great post on a hot spot on this forum it shows up in the very next issue of F&H News?* * * *Or is it DeJa vu
Old 01-10-2007, 07:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

probably because eric alee used to be a member on this site, and he has wrote a couple of columns for the fishing and hunting news. so i'm sure they are still "monitoring" this web site
Old 01-10-2007, 07:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

Can I go up to Antero and fish, get a tresspassing ticket and send it to Fishing and Hunting News?

Sometimes it seems like they recycle the same reports from 20 years earlier...like a term paper broker at a college...probably not...
Old 01-10-2007, 08:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Mr. Ed

Hey Lew - remember last year when we went to Evergreen looking for Tigers in open water based on the report in F & H News and we found out the lake was frozen? I'd suspect the same thing this time.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in