The Pelican Bass Raider 10-ft boat or similar? - Colorado Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2007, 01:27 PM  

Default The Pelican Bass Raider 10-ft boat or similar?

Does any one out there own one of these small bass boats or something similar? I've been eyeballing them for the last year at Gander Mtn. and Dicks. I'm thinking of picking one up this year. Are these good boats?
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2007, 06:38 PM  

Default Re: The Pelican Bass Raider 10-ft boat or similar?

I have the 10 ft pond master from bass pro. Love the damn thing. Very stable and swivel chairs. Rated for 650 lbs of people and gear. That is more than many small bass boats.
McFish is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2007, 07:12 PM  
Don In Denver

I had one similar to McFish's for probably 15 years. I loved it for small ponds!
  Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2007, 07:17 PM  

Good to hear! I was thinking they would be great for tooling around the edges of Chatty and Aurora and any other small body of water that permits boats around town. I just want to make sure there good quality and stable.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:27 PM  

Beware of operating it in choppy water! IE boat traffic. Not saying you will die but it is not fun. I made the mistake of taking it to chatty one morning and not leaving before the goofs came out. Never again! I will use my big boat if there are are boats making wake.
McFish is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2007, 01:38 PM  
Don In Denver

I second what McFish said about Chatfield. In other words, put it on Chatfield only if you have a death wish. It might be okay at Aurora, but I would stay very near shore in the Marina area because nof the wind that comes up every day there. They're great for small ponds, though.
  Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2007, 07:00 PM  

Those boats don't sink due to how much foam they have in them. I saw a guy make it back to the ramp in one of those during a bad windstorm at Aurora a few years back. His boat was full to the top with water and still didn't sink, I wouldn't worry about sinking. Make sure you get 2 big batteries, it helps to balance the boat if you're alone and will save you from being towed if the wind comes up at the end of the day when the battery is getting low on power.

I fish Aurora, Barr, Union, Arvada and other wakeless lakes in a 10 ft. fiberglass boat. I've had it in 4 foot waves before without a problem. I prefer it to a bigger boat on electric only waters, when the wind comes up I make it in while the bigger boats kill their batteries and have to be towed in. I take it out on Cherry Creek or Chatfield only on bad weather days or at night because the ski traffic on a nice day makes boat control impossible, it kind of makes you feel like a bobber.
don broeren is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Colorado Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in